OT Bad luck or what??
  Re: (...)
Yesterday at 5:20 am I hit a very slushly black ice patch on the way to work. I hit a snowbank on my right, then I hit the snowbank on the opposite side of the road, and then the snowbank on the right again. Thank God there was noone coming in the opposite direction. So this morning's surprise was 4 inches of snow which noone had predicted. Guess what, in almost the same spot I went into a snowbank. None of the roads were plowed, I was going 15 mph and I still ended up in the snow banks. I'm so done with winter.

PJ
PJ
  Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by pjcooks (Yesterday at 5:20 am...)
Oh PJ I am so sorry to hear about that. My gosh that would scare me out of my wits!!

The main thing you are ok and nobody else was hurt. Stay in this weekend, bake cookies and make hot chocolate (and some with a little somethin somethin in it for you )
Good grief PJ! I try to be the glass is half full person, so I guess I'd have to say you were pretty darn lucky! You're safe. What a weird thing to happen...twice in the same spot, with no oncoming traffic...thank goodness!

I hope your luck holds out! I think it's a little early to be looking for Spring. I suppose the suggestion to stay off the road would be pointless, so please be careful!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good grief PJ! I tr...)
Take it easy PJ. Whiplash is a tricky thing and can cause problems in the future. My daughter got sideswiped on the highway by one of those double long trucks. She just swerved off on to the median, then about 6 weeks later she had killer headaches, other aches, and we can only attribute it to the accident. I suggest you get yourself checked out... that's a lot of jostling among the snowbanks!
  Re: Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good grief PJ! I tr...)
Yes, that sure is bad luck, PJ. Sure glad you are okay. Definately stay in and stay warm this weekend.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I am done with snow too! Sheesh!

I am also done with:
  • snow pants
  • wet boots
  • bulky winter coats
  • trying to find mittens
  • hat hair
  • static electricity
  • warming up the car
  • did I mention hat hair?

Thank goodness you are okay. What a bummer though.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by luvnit (I am done with snow ...)
I'm glad you're ok! I used to hydroplane in one particular spot (going uphill - go figure) when it rained hard. I eventually started taking another route because my hands would literally start sweating just thinking about driving past that spot.
  Re: Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by Trixxee (I'm glad you're ok! ...)
winter, winter - go away!! Stay safe, PJ and everyone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by cjs (winter, winter - go ...)
Glad to hear you're OK, PJ. Scary stuff driving in those conditions.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT Bad luck or what?? by Lorraine (Glad to hear you're ...)
Oh, PJ, that so sucks! I had a rollover last winter around this time, and I'm still not over it
Glad you're safe, hope not too much damage.
Cis
Empress for Life