OT Trip highligts
  Re: (...)
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share a bit of our trip. It was warm and sunny and the water was 15 different shades of turquoise.

[Image: Isla20090023.jpg]

James caught a fish or two

[Image: Isla20090012.jpg]

There was lovely flora and fauna everywhere

[Image: Isla20090013.jpg]

[Image: Isla20090006.jpg]

[Image: Isla20090039.jpg]

We rented our own "hog"

[Image: Isla20090031.jpg]

The people there are very creative

[Image: Isla20090033.jpg]

In my next post I will try to tell the tale of the "cat attack"
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: OT Trip highligts by farnfam (Hi Everyone,[br]Just...)
Where did you go?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: OT Trip highligts by farnfam (Hi Everyone,[br]Just...)
Oh I love the pictures you guys look like you're having so much fun. And that water..wow!
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by DFen911 (Oh I love the pictur...)
Oh, to be there now. sigh. where is this anyway? I am guessing Mexico because of Lola's gift.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by chef_Tab (Oh, to be there now....)
Great pictures Cis! Love the "hog"...LOL! One day......
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by Gourmet_Mom (Great pictures Cis! ...)
Oh how fun! What a nice escape from Winter.....
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by Trixxee (Oh how fun! What a ...)
Fun pictures, Cis - welcome home, you were missed. Man, James is a cutie. (but then so are you) (( and so darn young...you all are ))
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by cjs (Fun pictures, Cis -...)
Yes, it's Mexico.
Jean, you are so funny. I always tell James you think he's cute, I think he likes to hear it too.
Now let me tell the cat attack story:
There are some stray cats and dogs that roam the area and scrounge for food near the beach restaurants. One particularly hungry cat (Eso gato tiene mucho hambre, Rob)
was hanging around James as he ate his Mahi Mahi, so he tossed it a scrap. No problemo. But, when he got ready to toss it another, the cat kinda over anticipated him and jumped up, chomping down FIRMLY on his thumb. He muttered "cat bit me". By the time I really looked, it was already bleeding thru the napkin he'd wrapped it in.
My first thought was "OMG rabies" Well, long story short, there was no rabies threat, but he needed antibiotics and a tetnus shot. It was quite the adventure....not to mention a bit stressful. It really improved my Spanish too.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by farnfam (Yes, it's Mexico.[br...)
Great pictures!!! Looks like a great trip and quite a change from northern NY!! You deserve a break. (Funny it's so hot here we go to NY in the winter for a change!!)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT Trip highligts by Old Bay (Great pictures!!! L...)
Looks like you had a great time on vacation. The attack cat story is too funny... now that we know everyone is fine!