Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st
  Re: (...)
So I'm going to do a pot roast I just saw Ina Garten do. Looks yummy and going to do her potatoes too.

What are you all up to? Lol I need ideas for the rest of the week
  Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by DFen911 (So I'm going to do a...)
Date night, and I'm craving fried clams, so off to the beach later, to the Old Salt where they serve the best fried clams!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by pjcooks (Date night, and I'm ...)
I'm doing the dinner review meatballs tonight. As far as the rest of the week goes, I need ideas too. So far the only thing I'm planning on is bow tie pasta with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce I found in Cooking Light's 2007 book. I'll have to add chicken to it because my husband will ask where's the meat?
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by pjcooks (Date night, and I'm ...)
Jane got some "prime" rib eye steaks ($7.99/lb!!!) from HEB before surgery--we froze four. We are eating two tonight, with a baked potato, sauteed or creamed spinach, sauteed mushroms, and a Walla Walla Malbec.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by Old Bay (Jane got some "prime...)
We are going out to celebrate(late) my b'day tonight. I was looking at some recent posts and am planning to make that oven fried chicken and that cuban pork roast Rob provided a link to in the near future. For some reason I woke up craving fried chicken. very strange.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by chef_Tab (We are going out to ...)
It's a toss up for tonight. If I can let go my camera for a few minutes to drive to town, I'll make the review dinner...if not, that's tomorrow and we'll have the steaks and roasted red potatoes and onions I picked up for last night.

Quote:

For some reason I woke up craving fried chicken. very strange.

I'm always craving fried chicken...LOL! But the past few weeks I've been craving shrimp and clams. And look at PJ, going off to eat my fried clams!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by Gourmet_Mom (It's a toss up for t...)
Our friend, Bill, made stuffed cabbage, sweet & sour cabbage, and sauteed green beans for our dinner last night - gee, they were very good!

We were going to have l/o 'Daphne B'day dinner' tonight, but I'm grilling burgers instead. Probably open faced, no bun with grilled tatoes and onions.

L/os will be Sunday night - supposed to start raining agin tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by cjs (Our friend, Bill, ma...)
No clue what's for dinner yet.
Theresa, where's that Cuban Pork Roast recipe of Robs, again? I found a pork roast in the freezer so that'll be this week some time.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by farnfam (No clue what's for d...)
We went out last night and ate more than the diet allows, so need to behave tonight.

I bought a bottle of Raspberry vinegar for a salad dressing and found an interesting recipe on the bottle for Raspberry Citrus Sauce that I'll put over chicken breasts.
It's 1/2 c Raspberry White wine vinegar, 1/2 c honey, 1/2 c apple juice, grated peel of one orange, 4 t corn starch, dash salt. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve corn starch. Cook on medium-high stirring constantly until thickened and glossy. Serve warm. (I'm thinking that rather than adding the cornstarch, I'll use less honey and reduce it.)

Using up some rice pilaf from the other day and adding a salad recipe from the new Best of Cooking Light... Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola, Pistachios, and pepper jelly Vinaigrette. The dressing is a new one for us and sounds good... it's 1/4 cup red pepper jelly, 2 T cider vinegar, 1 T EVOO, 1/8 t kosher salt, 1/8 t pepper. Warm the jelly in the microwave, whisk in vinegar, oil, salt & pepper. Cool, then cover and refrigerate.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - Feb 21st by HomeCulinarian (We went out last nig...)
Jeanette, both of those recipes sound really good. Thank you for posting.

We just did l/os tonight as we're getting ready to go to my grandbaby's birthday party. (the family party, not the kid's party) Didn't want to eat much so I have room for birthday cake. I can't believe Katie is 6 already!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."