Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25??
  Re: (...)
We're having leftover Jammed Up pork chops and a bowl of turkey tortilla soup (issue #54) - wish I had the stuff for a salsa for topping. oh well.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by cjs (We're having leftove...)
It's book club night for me. We read Garlic & Sapphires and the hostess has made reservations for us at a new little Mediterranean restaurant. Looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by HomeCulinarian (It's book club night...)
What book did you read this time?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by cjs (What book did you re...)
Quote:

What book did you read this time?

Garlic & Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, since it's the start of the Lenten season for us, it will be a meatless meal tonight. Whatever fish looks good at the market today, and probably homemade mac and cheese with a side of stewed tomatoes. (Ron's favorite)

I loved that book, Jeanette!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by Mare749 (Well, since it's the...)
Quote:

Well, since it's the start of the Lenten season for us, it will be a meatless meal tonight.

Gee. Maybe the growers of a certain leguminous plant could take advantage of this in their marketing at this time of year: "I gave it up for lentils."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sausage Minestra Soup and parmesan croutons.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by Trixxee (Sausage Minestra Sou...)
It's likely going to be meatless for us too, tho' not for Lent, more for like we sure did overeat in Mexico. Giving the arteries a little rest is all
Probbly going to be broccoli, gorganzola (a little) with garbanzos over rotini or penne.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Well, since it's the start of the Lenten season for us, it will be a meatless meal tonight.

Gee. Maybe the growers of a certain leguminous plant could take advantage of this in their marketing at this time of year: "I gave it up for lentils."

[/blockquote]

You never know, Rob, it's just corny enough that they might want to use it!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? by cjs (We're having leftove...)
Roast beef with gravy (new recipe from Cook's Country), mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli. It's very unusual for us to eat that heavily during the week, but we were sidetracked from the roast this weekend by an impromptu party. Might even eat in the dining room tonight.
Shannon