Marinated Brussel Sprouts
  Re: (...)
I don't think I have posted this before, but I was looking through some summer stuff and found this. This is also a WeightWatchers Zero Points recipe and I don't know if this is an actual WW recipe or someone just calculated the points for this. I saw a version of the recipe in Taste of Home that used Italian Dressing for the marinade.

MARINATED BRUSSELS SPROUTS

2 pounds fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, preferably fresh
Dressing:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon each, dry mustard, salt, sugar, oregano & thyme

additional salt & pepper to taste

If using fresh sprouts, trim stem, remove outer leaves and cut an X into core with tip of a knife. Bring salted water to a boil and cook for 6 – 8 minutes until cooked but still bright green. Drain. If using frozen brussel sprouts you just need to thaw and heat them in the microwave.

Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add hot sprouts, stir several times. Chill for 4 hours before serving.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by luvnit (I don't think I have...)
No, never seen this one before, but we would love it. Thanks for posting, Laura. Never thought to use brussel sprouts for this. We do marinated veggies for nibbling a lot, especially in the summer. I'll have to try this.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by Mare749 (No, never seen this ...)
Mmmm Laura, that sounds good, veggies marinated for nibbling sounds good. Summer sounds good, anybody seen it?? I know it's out there.... somewhere,..... far far away <<sigh>>
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by farnfam (Mmmm Laura, that sou...)
Copied and will try it sometime this weekend. Thank you. Sounds delicious.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by buzzard767 (Copied and will try ...)
Oh boy another b. sprouts idea!! Thanks Laura, love 'em.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by cjs (Oh boy another b. sp...)
Sometimes I slice them in two, lengthwise. Especially if they are large. Then toss them onto a salad with cold beets, marinated aspargus and the like.
Laura
  Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by luvnit (I don't think I have...)
Thanks for the recipe. I love them!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by esgunn (Thanks for the recip...)
Oh, beets and b. sprouts together??? I've not done that - how good that sounds. Maybe add the sprouts to the beet and corn salad....oh yeah. what a good idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by cjs (Oh, beets and b. spr...)
Laura, thanks for this idea! I made them to have with dinner tonight and tasted them while they were still warm. They are so good, I am having trouble keeping out of it till dinner. Can't wait to try them again cooled and marinated!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Marinated Brussel Sprouts by chef_Tab (Laura, thanks for th...)
I am glad you liked them Theresa. I love brussel sprouts and will eat them anyway I can get them.

Maybe I will grow them this year in the garden. Anybody here grow them?
Laura