Sunday dinner, anyone?
  Re: (...)
It's snowing again, the first of two storms we're going to get in the next 24 hours, so it's the perfect time to roast a chicken. Baked potatoes, green peas (surprise), stuffing and gravy. Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

I'm so sick of winter, Cis, you have it worse than me, how can you stand it???

What are you all having for dinner tonight?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by pjcooks (It's snowing again, ...)
We are having baked pork chops with crispy bread coating , steamed cabbage, and green lima beans. The chops will be seasoned with garlic, seasond salt, and cayenne--the cabbage will be sauteed in fat back and seasoned with vinegar pepper dressing--This is the South--enough said.

P.S. We will get down to freezing tonight--tomorrow will be in the sixtys and I will give a program on a Masonic Lodge that existed from 1847-1867 at Washington On The Brazos, Texas. It was Chartered by the Republic Of Texas.

March 2nd is Texas Independence Day. Sam Houston defeated Santa Anna, "The Napolian of the West" at San Jacinto on March 2nd,1836! Texas became a Republic.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by Old Bay (We are having baked ...)
Oh PJ, I don't mind it like it's been lately. Very cold yes, but bright and sunny. The rain did knock down the snow to only 2 feet or so and the frozen crust is so hard that now Lola can walk on it (with her boots on). So, we've been snowshoeing everyday and can take her with us. She is so amazed by the woods, it's really funny to watch her sniffing and getting surprised by everything. The other day she got a scent of fresh deer track, it's a good thing she was on the leash, that goose was thinking she was going to get that deer!!
Still, I'll be very glad to see summer. We have a very short spring here, preceded by 6wks of mud LOL

Sorry, I'm rambling, must be cabin fever
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by farnfam (Oh PJ, I don't mind ...)
OH and for Sunday dinner we had some zuke and onions sautéd with shrimp (I had soaked them in Italian dressing for a while as a no brainer marinade). Tossed over penne, it wasn't bad at all. Lake Niagra to wash it down
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by farnfam (OH and for Sunday di...)
We're having a beautiful pork loin roast, buttergold mashed taters, and carrots. Simple - but it fits with the cold rainy weather.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by Harborwitch (We're having a beaut...)
Well, we are topsy turvy, hot weather and we are having roast beef, with potatoes, kumara, carrot, onion and pumpkin. Peas of course and pan gravy. I like a good nosh of roast meat and veg.
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by vannin (Well, we are topsy t...)
It's cold here, too! But it's March so spring is around the corner.

We had leftover pork tenderloin, grilled plums with blue cheese, with creamy orzo and a tossed salad.
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by HomeCulinarian (It's cold here, too!...)
tried something new tonight from a new Chinese Cook Book

did a lemon chicken with lemon sauce and had Japanese noodles along

side - could of made a cuke salad - but didn't

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by mjkcooking (tried something new ...)
Such a b*tch of a day, we ordered in pizza. Couldn't even get up the urge to defrost pizza dough, for heaven's sake.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday dinner, anyone? by cjs (Such a b*tch of a da...)
I am with you, Jean, it was a bad weekend all around for me. We ended up with a spinach lasagna from Costco and I didn't even really like it. Not sure today will be much different.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!