Monday Dinner??? March 2nd
  Re: (...)
Trixxee mentioning leftover for today's dinner reminded me we hadn't started a thread for today.

I had two pcs. of Prime Rib left from Valentine's day dinner (Roys), so we'll have those with l/o rstd. garlic-chipotle mashed potatoes.

BUT, for a change I'm making a dessert - it's in the oven right now and oh my, does it ever smell delicious! My Aunt keeps the food section from her newspaper for me and this came from the Everett Herald and looked so good, had to cut it out.

I've had all kinds of crisps over the years, but never a pineapple one - wow.

* Exported from MasterCook *

PINEAPPLE CRISP - Everett Herald

1 large pineapple -- peeled, quartered, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cold butter -- (1 stick) cut into small pieces

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a deep, 2-quart baking dish, combine the pineapple, sugar and tapioca, tossing to mix well.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and flour. Add the butter and use a pastry blender or butter knives to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms a crumbly mix.

Sprinkle the butter and flour mixture over the pineapple.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the top is browned and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes 8 servings.

From West Congregational Church's "175 Years and Still Cooking"
-----

have a feeling the neighborhood is in for a treat today - I don't think I want this one in my house long!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by cjs (Trixxee mentioning l...)
I'm doing something with pork chops, but haven't decided what it will be just yet. Looking through some old issues for inspiration.

Your dessert sounds good. We love pineapple.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Mmmmmmm...

I'll have to try this one this weekend.

Thanks!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by BarbaraS (Mmmmmmm... [br][br]...)
I'm going to either make the Cajun pasta recipe from the current CAH issue or a tilapia with a smoked paprika rub and parmesan polenta from Cooking Light. I'll decide when I get home.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to either ...)
Split pea soup made with a leftover ham bone and meat from last night's dinner-----served with a grilled cheese sandwich.

Homemade oatmeal cookies for dessert!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by Roxanne 21 (Split pea soup made ...)
Oh my word, 2/3 of this darn dessert is out the door already - it's wonderful!! I'll keep enough to play with some drizzle sauce for it...to gild the lily!! this is a keeper.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by cjs (Oh my word, 2/3 of t...)
One of my favorite desserts is Pineapple Upsidedown Cake. I can only imagine how wonderful Pineapple Crisp would be!

This is on my list!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by luvnit (One of my favorite d...)
Still undecided about the dinner tonite. We had a really, late breakfast/brunch (1pm) and I can never get into cooking when I'm full.
I do have some frozen catfish and some yellow rice, so I might do something Spanish.
Cis
Empress for Life
That sounds so good I'm drooling. Yum!

I got some Dungeness crab meat at Costco yesterday - may play with that - or it'll be leftover roast pork, mashed taters, and a veg. Not real inspired today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner??? March 2nd by Harborwitch (That sounds so good ...)
After working all weekend, I didn't have time for inspiration. So tonight is the old standby of Chicken Fried Steak, mashers, and peas....comfort food for a cold night....BRRRRRR!

I can't wait to try the Pineapple Crisp....like Laura, one of my favs is Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.