Matzo Ball Soup
  Re: (...)
I love this soup, but I've never felt that I've made it well. I can make a good chicken stock, but the balls are not so great and it just doesn't taste like what I've had made by others. Maybe it's because I'm Catholic!

Anyone have a favorite recipe?
Calliope
  Re: Matzo Ball Soup by Calliope (I love this soup, bu...)
No, I sure don't, but like you, just love a good bowl of matzo ball soup. Someone on the forum MUST have a good recipe to share.

Nice to see you on the forum Calliope!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by Mare749 (No, I sure don't, bu...)
Hey, Calliope! I have some recipes, but I haven't tried to make any of them. Hoping someone comes along soon with a good recipe!
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by HomeCulinarian (Hey, Calliope! I ha...)
Every matzo ball soup I have ever made ends up with lead balls----this is one of those recipes I just can't get to work....and I have tried many. Maybe it's because I'm Catholic too----

Can't wait for a tried and true to pop up!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by Roxanne 21 (Every matzo ball sou...)
Hang on, I know who to ask for a great one - give me a day!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by cjs (Hang on, I know who ...)
Let me guess, would that be Chef June? I was hoping you would ask her....
Maryann

Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by Mare749 (Let me guess, would ...)
yes - just sent her an email.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by cjs (yes - just sent her ...)
Hi,

We are jewish and i make that soup at least once a month. I tried numerous recipes and honestly the best matzo balls that are fluffy and light come out from Manishewitz Matzo ball mix. It is easy to do, just follow directions. There are two types of boxes usually on the shelves of the store: Matzo ball mix and matzo ball mix and soup, get the one that just has the mix. Homemade chicken broth is so much better. All of these go on sale right about now. In our local grocery stores we buy two boxes for three dollars and each box has two packages of the mix. I usually stock up on them for the whole year. I hope that helps.
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]We are je...)
Well, it helps me! I'm going to look for this one.
Sheesh, I haven't had matzo since Brooklyn. YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Matzo Ball Soup by farnfam (Well, it helps me! ...)
It helps me too. That's a common item in our grocery stores. I just never tried it before, always thinking that "homemade" had to be better!
Maryann