Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review
  Re: (...)
I made the Sunday Roast Chicken with the Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes for dinner tonight. The chicken was very good and not very different from my usual method of roasting. The big surprise was the potatoes! I was actually skeptical about them, but I think they were the most delicious potatoes I have ever had! I will make these for company a lot, they are easy to do and not too bad for you. Hubby was impressed and said they were a perfect pairing with the chicken. BTW, both recipes are from April 2009 issue.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by chef_Tab (I made the Sunday Ro...)
Another great review. I was looking at the chicken and it seemed so basic and very similar to my usual way of roasting. It's also very similar to Ruth Reichl's roast chicken recipe from the Garlic & Sapphires book I just read. (I'm going to give my copy of the book to my son to read and was making copies of the recipes first.)

I noticed the potatoes, and thought it would be good to try with a roast. Now I definitely will try them!
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by HomeCulinarian (Another great review...)
I don't know your dietary restrictions, Jeanette, but it seems these would be ok for you and hubby. The flavor was huge!
Theresa

Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by chef_Tab (I don't know your di...)
My Diet program is 1500 calories/day and 2000 Physical Activity points/week. That's it and it's enough that I'm not hungry. I go to a class and get weighed on Mondays for 12 weeks. Hubby has already lost 12 of the 15 pounds he wanted to lose in 7 weeks. I've got a bit more than that to go! I'll probably do at least one more 12-week program with the class and weigh in for the accountability.
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by HomeCulinarian (My Diet program is 1...)
Theresa thanks for the review. Did you take any pics? I adore the flavor of rosemary and I'm lucky to have two bushes that produce very well. This is going on my list to do!
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by DFen911 (Theresa thanks for t...)
Sorry, Denise, I just don't think to take pics. Most of the time by the time the food comes out of the oven, I am starving and have a one track mind. This meal was especially so because it smelled so darn good. I know I need to get in the habit of photographing some things. I worked at a photography studio for seven years and I associate people with pics easily enough. Need to think about food too.
Theresa

Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by DFen911 (Theresa thanks for t...)
Thanks Theresa, I love rosemary with roasted potatoes, so will try this recipe very soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by Mare749 (Thanks Theresa, I lo...)
Funny, like Jeanette, I had passed this one by, due to Ruth's "Garlic and Sapphires" recipe, and the fact that I had "invented" a similar recipe a few weeks ago....VERY GOOD! But I will have to take another look at those 'taters! I can offer variety with proteins, but sides elude me. Like Denise, I have rosemary on hand all the time, so this is a given. Roasted chicken is on the menu this week...again! (See the Delicata thread to see the irony of this post...LOL!) But I love it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, like Jeanette...)
These do sound good! I can't believe this winter finally did in my one and only rosemary plant - in past years, I always buy new and plant the old out in the yard. But we haven't been here long enough (gardening, anyway) to have any hearty plants.

Please excuse me, don't know why I'm rambling so darn much this a.m. - everything seems to be sending me in different directions. Ditsy, just plain ditsy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Crusted Potatoes Review by cjs (These do sound good!...)
Thanks for the review, Theresa. Which issue are they are? I love rosemary, and have some fresh on hand.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.