Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
  Re: (...)
We had a great dinner. I started out making this bread that is supposed to be a duplicate of the Macaroni Grill bread. I have never been to this restaurant, but I assumed if people were raving about it that it must be pretty good.

This is a bread machine recipe, but I didn’t bake it in the bread machine. I let the machine do the mixing and kneading work and then put it in the oven and finished it like a French loaf.

Macaroni Grill Bread
1 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start.

My notes: Or use bread machine ‘dough’ setting and take out of machine. Place on corn meal coated baking sheet, score top and oil slightly. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes and reduce heat to 350 for 30 minutes. Brush with egg white wash and cook for another 5 minutes.

Our accompaniment was:

Creamy Cajun Chicken & Shrimp Pasta
(I made homemade fettucine noodles)

• 4 chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
• 1 cup medium shrimp
• 1 lb. fettucine
• 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
• 1-2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 4 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Place chicken and shrimp in a bowl with Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.

In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken and shrimp in butter and olive oil until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add shrimp the last 2-3 minutes.
Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.

Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

Homemade Fettucine
[Image: DSC02556.jpg]

Macaroni Grill Bread
[Image: DSC02557.jpg]

Finished Meal
[Image: dinner-3.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by luvnit (We had a great dinne...)
Sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Just a matter of taste--Jane and I would substitute chicken breasts and cook a little less--we like white meat!! The bread looks like my kind of bread--OMG, the beauty of that rosemary, pepper bread!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by Old Bay (Sounds absolutely wo...)
My daughter was a Macaroni Grill manager for about 6 years. I'll ask her about the bread recipe. She just "retired" in November.
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by HomeCulinarian (My daughter was a Ma...)
Well heck Laura, this looks AWESOME! All copied and saved for the very near future. I've got so many bread recipes on the list, it may be a few weeks, but this looks so good, I WILL be making it!

The pasta dish is on the menu! It sounds GREAT! I am so hung up on seafood, I can't get inspired about anything else. William says he's chicken'ed out. You think he'll figure out that I need him to stop and get seafood at the market he passes every day soon? I think chicken is on the menu tomorrow...LOL! I'm running out of HINTS!

Great pictures, BTW! I am still so jealous of that awesome new kitchen! Are you loving it or what?!?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by Gourmet_Mom (Well heck Laura, thi...)
Oh my, doesn't everything look delicious!! I love Mac. Grill's bread, will certainly have to try this one.

I'm with Daphne, I sure have been on a seafood kick too - neighbor brought over some (geez, a lot) oysters and I stuck them in the freezer until I can figure out what to play with them in. And a few more clams left in the freezer....sorry, I'm rambling.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by cjs (Oh my, doesn't every...)
Oh, Laura, that looks scrumptious. What a satisfing day that must have been. Homemade fettucine, homemade bread, YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by farnfam (Oh, Laura, that look...)
I got a reply from my daughter about the Macaroni Grill Bread recipe. She says... we didn't make it in house--but the seasonings inside are thyme and rosemary, but i'm sure italian seasoning would do the trick
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by HomeCulinarian (I got a reply from m...)
Well I did have fun, and it was a really great bread. I will make it again. My husband said it was the best loaf I have ever made. The texture was very good. That must be the bread machine kneading it. I am a poor bread baker usually. Most bakers say things like, "Knead the dough til it feels right." Now what the heck does that mean?! I guess I just don't have the knack, or maybe it the patience.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by luvnit (Well I did have fun,...)
Oh Laura, this is the closest to Mac. Grill Bread that I've tried yet! It's wonderful. (Madmax, looks like you won't be getting my old bread machine...)

[Image: MacGrillBread.jpg]

It's almost all gone! Thanks Laura for posting this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta by cjs (Oh Laura, this is th...)
Advice please!

Last weekend I tried to make the bread without the machine, and it was a flop. The dough was so soft it wanted to flatten out like focaccia, so I tried to bake it in a bowl. It never got done in the middle. So I went in search of my bread machine today. I must have finally given it away...so, I need advice on how to do this without it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.