What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4?
  Re: (...)
Split Pea soup is thawing, probably a salad - have some dressings to try. AND what a job it will be to decide which bread to make for the soup - Mac. Grill's? Sharon's biscuits? and there was another one - multi-grain one??

Oh, and there is a little pineapple crisp to share also - everyone in the neighborhood loved it also.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by cjs (Split Pea soup is th...)
I'm making a red beans and rice dinner.... It's a vegetarian day today!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making a red bea...)
I'm making chicken cutlets topped with proscuitto and asiago cheese, orzo risotto and spinach. This'll be the first time I've made an orzo dish like that.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by Trixxee (I'm making chicken c...)
I have to go get the mussels, but I'm pretty sure it will be West Coast Cioppino tonight. Yum, can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by Mare749 (I have to go get the...)
Oooh I am jealous Maryann! That's what I want to have!

Tonight we are having Muskgo. My daughter has dance class tonight so the kids and hubby will have to eat early.

Then later in the evening we'll have Pineapple Crisp and Pineapple Martinis with a few neighbors.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by luvnit (Oooh I am jealous Ma...)
"Pineapple Martinis" - I'm real curious about these...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by cjs ("Pineapple Martinis"...)
Quote:

"Pineapple Martinis" - I'm real curious about these...

Yes, me too. In fact I think I'll start a various martini thread.
Oh, and tonite Chicken Carbonara from Perfect Pasta. A friend of my eldest daughter's is in town and coming to dinner. How fun
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by farnfam ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I did the pizza wraps from the Cuisine for Two----volume 2 edition. Also the Caesar salad as suggested.

Nice and easy recipe---I did a MAJOR change though and cooked/reduced the tomato base...well worth it. This was a fun recipe for a change---I will do again when I am pressed for time! An easy 8 for a quick weeknight meal!

Dessert???? popcorn------

I will purchase a pineapple on my next shopping expedition---gotta try that crisp!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by cjs (Split Pea soup is th...)
I made a chicken pie for dinner, but so far, no one has been home to eat it. (It's tough working different hours). I'm trying to get more inspired, the winter rut has set in and spring can't get here soon enough!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/4? by pjcooks (I made a chicken pie...)
Say Rox, if you get a minute could you post the pizza wraps? They sound good.
Cis
Empress for Life