Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner?
  Re: (...)
Just wondering what you all are having for dinner this evening. I think we will have some fried rice and some of the frozen egg rolls I made a while back.

How 'bout you?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by luvnit (Just wondering what ...)
Going out for sushi. Probably shouldn't be we're living dangerously.
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by Trixxee (Going out for sushi....)
Dangerously? Are you having fugu?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by labradors (Dangerously? Are yo...)
Gee Trix, it sounds good to me. Why do you say you're living dangerously?

Laura, your dinner sounds so good! I haven't done fried rice in so long. But I kinda want to wait until I make the egg rolls over Easter. Plus, the daughter of a Vietnamese restro owner just opened a restro in Southport and is using her mother's old recipes...including the best fried rice and egg rolls in this world! William goes for lunch twice a week. That is pressure to match...LOL!

For dinner...I'm doing T-bone on the grill, baked potatoes, and salad. After dealing with "the person" at school today, I'm not up for much else!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by luvnit (Just wondering what ...)
hello
I am going to a martini fest with local chefs showcasing their food. loking forward. but Sat I am thinking of making something from the new cusine books that I got in the mail yesterday. So many yummy recipes!
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by bbsb (hello[br]I am going ...)
Welcome to the neighborhood, bbsb!! A martini fest....oh my, what fun!

We went out for Mexican for lunch today, so will probably just heat up some Split Pea soup and finish the Mac. Grill bread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by cjs (Welcome to the neigh...)
Well, that was a bit of exaggeration but truthfully we probably shouldn't splurge like that right now. We spend quite a bit when we go - more than you'd think! Do you think I can sneak in my own wine or sake?
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by Trixxee (Well, that was a bit...)
I'm home alone tonight and have leftover red beans & rice and chicken parmesan to choose from. And there's a half bottle of a Malbec leftover, too.

I think I've said this here before.... I really only enjoy cooking when it's for others. If it's just for me, it's no fun.
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by Trixxee (Well, that was a bit...)
Oh, okay....I get it now! I have never actually gone out for just sushi. I can imagine...especially after reading Garlic and Sapphires. Have fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Friday Night - 3/06 - What's for dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, okay....I get it...)
Steamed mahi mahi, over a bed of julienned cabbage, carrot, onion, and celery, some garlic and fresh ginger. Basmati rice, and broccoli. Dessert was my first attemp at making baked cake doughnuts in my new pan. That'll be another thread.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.