Saturday's Dinner - 3/7??
  Re: (...)
I'm playing with a recipe for Mushroom & Broccoli Chowder this a.m. and if it's good, that will be dinner (soup three nights in a row is enough!) maybe we'll just have it for a starter.

May wait to see what all you are up to for the rest of dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by cjs (I'm playing with a r...)
I'll be making pizza. I have been thinking about those pillows of cheese ever since you brought up that St. Patty's day thread. There'll be a mix, nothing special...depends on what's available at the local store. I also want to play with the bread that Cubangirl and Laura posted...based on the the time, the one I make today will be the shortest rise period. I also promised to make "the employee" carrot cake for his birthday about a month ago, so why not test out the new recipe...IF I can get the ingredients, here. That may have to be tomorrow.

I guess I need to get my butt in gear. It's supposed to hit 80 today, and me, my camera and a lemonade WILL be on the deck this afternoon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be making pizza...)
He bought rockfish for supper tomight (another first for me). I tell you, I'm starting to grow gills.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by Lorraine (He bought rockfish f...)
Going to dinner and a play tonight, so no cooking for me. But, tomorrow, the smoker is coming out of storage.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by Mare749 (Going to dinner and ...)
I bought a chuck roast at Costco yesterday with the idea of making my Mahogany Hoisin Stew but I'm not sure I'm going to follow through with that.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by Trixxee (I bought a chuck roa...)
Thai shrimp and eggplant (found a huge one, at Aldi for only 99cents!)
Haven't decided what we're drinking with it yet. We've got a nice little crop of Thai Basil in the Aerogrow thingy
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by farnfam (Thai shrimp and eggp...)
Just beer can chicken on the grill, I hope it doesn't start snowing...Rain/snow mix in the forecast for the next couple of days. Steamed broccoli and a salad.

Last night was meatloaf and baked potatoes and a salad. Just some plain home cooking. 3 out of 5 of us all had the stomach flu the begining of last week. Just starting to get back on track.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by esgunn (Just beer can chicke...)
Hubby's out of town until tomorrow, so I'll be eating the leftovers again tonight.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by HomeCulinarian (Hubby's out of town ...)
Lol collard greens, fried chicken, gravy rice and LEMONADE!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - 3/7?? by DFen911 (Lol collard greens, ...)
" I hope it doesn't start snowing..." hope you like roasted chicken, Erin, it's snowng like hell here!!!HUGE flakes.

the sugar water is cooling for my lemonade....it's 1:15 p.m. retired or not, I guess this is a little too early.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com