Book Club?
  Re: (...)
Ok, So I really don't have time to do this or the extra funds to buy the book - but I just might anyway. But I came accross this and thought it might be a good book for the occasional book club.

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table
In A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table, Molly Wizenberg recounts a life with the kitchen at its center. From her mother's pound cake, a staple of summer picnics during her childhood in Oklahoma, to the eggs she cooked for her father during the weeks before his death, food and memories are intimately entwined. You won't be able to decide whether to curl up and sink into the story or to head straight to the market to fill your basket with ingredients for Cider-Glazed Salmon and Pistachio Cake with Honeyed Apricots.

About the Author
Molly Wizenberg is a freelance food writer and the creator of the award-winning blog Orangette. She is a regular contributor to Bon App - tit, and her writing has been featured on NPR.org and PBS.org and has been praised in The Chicago Tribune, The Boston Globe, and The Seattle Times. Wizenberg has degrees in human biology, French, and cultural anthropology, but in 2005, she left the world of academia to write full-time.

It is a brand new book out - so no used copies around. My library system has one copy and there are already 91 holds on it...Sad

I found out about it, because I occasionally read her blog.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Book Club? by esgunn (Ok, So I really don...)
printed out - sounds like a good read. Thanks Erin, maybe this one will get us all going again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book Club? by cjs (printed out - sounds...)
Thanks so much, Erin. This sounds good. After I finished Garlic and Sapphires, I was really sad. I want to get the James Beard Books Lorraine mentioned a while back and hope to pick them up at abesbooks soon, but for a current read, this sounds like a good one. I can't get it until the end of the month, but I'd be happy to join in a discussion a week or so after that. (I read G&S in two days. )
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Book Club? by esgunn (Ok, So I really don...)
Sounds like it would be an interesting read.

abebooks has some copies. Many say "advance uncorrected proof"
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Book Club? by Lorraine (Sounds like it would...)
Ordered - 4 bucks at Abebooks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book Club? by cjs (Ordered - 4 bucks at...)
Ordered mine online from the county library. There are only a few people ahead of me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."