Air Baking Pans
  Re: (...)
I have a few of these Air Bake baking sheets and one cake pan. I really dislike the cake pan. The baking sheets seem to work for cookies, but aren't much good for anything else. Does anyone else use these and like them?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Air Baking Pans by luvnit (I have a few of thes...)
Just the opposite for me--I have an air-bake cake pan (9x13 with a plastic-y cover) that I use once in a while with pretty good results. The cookie sheets, I don't like at all for cookies. The bottoms don't brown properly and they seem to spread too much. I've found that the cookie sheet makes a pretty decent pizza peel though!

Sharon
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by sharonjo (Just the opposite fo...)
I only use them when baking air. Otherwise, I used standard cake pans, and baking sheets with parchment.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Air Baking Pans by luvnit (I have a few of thes...)
I used to have a cake pan, but I guess I didn't wash it correctly and water got in it....so now I just use normal cake pans. The only thing I really liked about the Airbake cake pan was that it had a hard plastic cover, which made it easy to store cakes, etc. I also had the cookie sheets, and I liked how they worked for cookies, but the size was odd. I have a Thermador oven and like to bake lots of sheets of cookies at one time, and I couldn't do that with the airbake cookie sheets. So now I have regular cookie sheets.
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by sharonjo (Just the opposite fo...)
Quote:

I've found that the cookie sheet makes a pretty decent pizza peel though!

Sharon

LOL! That's funny because that's what I was using them for tonight! It just got me thinking that I seldom use them. You are right, they make a pretty good pizza peel.
Laura
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I had a set of cookie sheets and gave them away. They just don't cook the same or brown the same. I find by using my good heavy set pans with parchment paper my cooking times are spot on and the cookies get the perfect color on the bottom. These same pans are used for a variety of pastries, and meats.
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by labradors (I only use them when...)
Quote:

I only use them when baking air.

Or wind cookies, Rob? haha.

I have only the cookie sheet, do not like it for cookies, but oddly enough, it is our pizza peel as well!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What are air baking pans? I've never heard of them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by Lorraine (What are air baking ...)
Have heard of them, but have never had one. Lorraine, they are double thickness with air between them, aren't they?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Air Baking Pans by cjs (Have heard of them, ...)
Yes Jean, they are baking sheets made of two layers that allow an airspace between. This insulates what you are cooking and helps keep things from overbrowning or burning.

The baking sheets are okay for some things, but I find the insulated 9x11 cake pan to be useless.
Laura