Tuesday Dinner - 3/10
  Re: (...)
Well, last night we had 'Muskgo' so tonight we will have something a little more exciting. This is one of our favorite recipes for pasta. So satisfying, comforting, and easy. I even usually have all the ingredients on hand so it's a cinch to make.

This recipe was from Food & Wine - a cookbook I got years ago. I'd tell you the book but it's not 'in publication' anymore.

Rigatoni with Sirloin and Gorgonzola Sauce
[Image: rigatoni-sirloin-qfs-r.jpg]

Ingredients
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed, caps cut in half and then sliced crosswise
1 shallot or 2 scallions including green tops, minced
3/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 ounces Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3/4 pound rigatoni

Directions
In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat. Season the steak with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper and add it to the pan. Brown on all sides, about 4 minutes, and remove. The meat should be medium rare.

Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the hot pan, along with the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook for about 2 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add to the steak.

Add the shallot, broth, and Worcestershire sauce to the hot pan. Cook, stirring, to dislodge any browned bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, approximately 5 minutes.
Add the cheese and the cream to the pan along with the steak and mushrooms and any accumulated juices, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the parsley. Simmer to heat through, about 1 minute.

Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until just done, about 14 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by luvnit (Well, last night we ...)
Boy does that ever look good! I'm making orange & soy glazed baby back ribs (never tried a recipe quite like this before - we always do bbq sauce), jasmine rice and stir fried asparagus and shitake mushrooms.
  Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by luvnit (Well, last night we ...)
Oh my that looks so good!

We're having a wierd wierd dinner - working with chicken salad and three different dressings. So, guess it'll be three serving of chix salad. Did make Mac. Grill bread again today also.

Oh, and the Pear & Port reduction, so we'll have a fruit platter too.

Off the wall.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by cjs (Oh my that looks so ...)
That really looks good, Laura!

We're having Mushrooms with Linguine and the strawberry salad from the current CAH tonight.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by HomeCulinarian (That really looks go...)
Wow, your dinners sound so exciting! Laura, I got that recipe from you a while back and have made it several times. William LOVES it!

Well, I'm economizing this week. I did roasted lemon chicken last night and will turn the leftovers into chicken pot pie Thursday when the weather cools off. Tonight is London Broil with roasted potatoes and onions and a salad. I'll use those leftovers for a taco salad tomorrow. Well, not the potatoes, of course...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, your dinners so...)
Everyone's dinner sounds so good. We are working on things out of the freezer. I am heating up some meat sauce to have over spaghetti. A caprese salad will round things out. It is a cold dreary day, good day for spaghetti.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, your dinners so...)
We love this recipe too Daphne! I am economizing too this week. Gorgonzola was on sale for 4.39/lb down from 8.99. Meat was on sale also.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by luvnit (We love this recipe ...)
White Chicken Chili - using up the leftover chicken from Saturday.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by esgunn (White Chicken Chili ...)
We're having eggplant parmesan with garlic and parsley pasta and Fra Diablo sauce (we're cheating--the sauce is Patsy's).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 3/10 by Old Bay (We're having eggplan...)
Clean out the fridge day here. He had the last piece of rockfish. I heated up the last of the angel hair pasta with lots of black papper and parmesan. Cooked up the cabbage ( stewed cabbage). The cabbage was sooo good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.