Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th
  Re: (...)
Tonight is Dismc's review dinner, no dessert tho.

What are you all up to?

Note: He Trixxee, the beet stir fry last night was very tasty and a nice quick dinner. I'm going to play with broth to sub for the really high sodium count pkg. of seasoning. Roy says thank you too!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by cjs (Tonight is Dismc's r...)
I'm making a flank steak with horseradish chimichurri, yellow rice and sauted peppers.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by HomeCulinarian (I'm making a flank s...)
We're having a Pork Standing Rib Roast with currant/apple jelly and chili sauce, baked potatoes and a green salad. The roast weighed in at 14 pounds. What happens with pork when you refreeze it? Fourteen pounds is too much.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by bjcotton (We're having a Pork ...)
What happens with pork when you refreeze it? - no problem, cut it up the way you want it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by cjs (What happens with po...)
If it's Thursday, it's spaghetti.

Since I can remember, Thursday had been spaghetti day, ever since I was a kid. My Mom still makes a huge pot of it and whoever wants to can stop in (living 2-1/4 hours away, we never have, but my brothers and sister and their kids all live near my parents, so there's usually a crowd). I just wonder, at 73, how long Mom will want to keep this up!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by foodfiend (If it's Thursday, it...)
"I just wonder, at 73, how long Mom will want to keep this up!"

Vicci, my MIL is 73 and can outrun me! One of my friends told me her MIL is still doing the family dinners at 93, God bless her!

Well, now that Vicci mentioned spaghetti, that's what I'm hungry for, so I'll be making some turkey meatballs to go with. I started using a multigrain pasta that isn't too bad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by Mare749 ( "I just wonder, at ...)
You're welcome. It's not bad for what it is. I know what you mean about the sodium content. That was the first thing my husband asked about. I told him at least we're splitting one packet basically and throwing the other packet out.

We are having the Tuscan Minestrone Soup from the soup book. We have to incorporate some more veggies into our diet. I was going to make the open faced grinders too but Tony said just a toasted everything bagel is good enough.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by Trixxee (You're welcome. It'...)
Funny you mention that soup, Trixxee. I was just looking at that for the coming rainy weekend.

Tonight I'll use my leftover chicken from the other day for one of William's favorites: Chicken Pot Pie...YUM!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by Gourmet_Mom (Funny you mention th...)
It is spaghetti here too. Will winter never end?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th by chef_Tab (It is spaghetti here...)
Thanks Jean, that's what I needed to know. Love you!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy