Chicken Kiev
  Re: (...)
Does anyone remember which issue Chicken Kiev is in?
Thanks!
  Re: Chicken Kiev by Katherine (Does anyone remember...)
There's one in October 2004, Issue 47, p. 19, that it?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by farnfam (There's one in Octob...)
Thank You so much!!
-Katherine
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by Katherine (Thank You so much!![...)
Welcome Katherine! I hope you'll be joining us in reviewing recipes, posting your own and/or ideas and general fun with one another.

When I was in the Navy, I was a crewmember on an old Super Constellation and the chief cook. I had a 3 burner stove, a microwave, 4 hot cups, a refrigerator and an electric frying pan. On one flight from San Diego to Key West (took about 12 hours) I made Chicken Kiev, tossed green salad, and potato salad for the crew of 21. The chicken breasts didn't come boneless and skinless in those days, so it was quite an effort. Glad I don't have to cook for 21 people anymore; but, 3 or 4 would be nice instead of 1 or 2 of us when the 800 lb gorilla is home.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by bjcotton (Welcome Katherine! ...)
Billy my brother...you have aged yourself with talk of a Super Connie! I thought it was bad that I had to cook and serve on a 707.

I love Chicken Kiev...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by firechef (Billy my brother...y...)
Yeah, 1979 was a long time ago...it was the last active Super Connie in the US inventory, max apeed was 180 knots. Poor thing was so over-gross weight.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by bjcotton (Yeah, 1979 was a lon...)
Psst...I was five years old and cooking at my mother and grand-mother's sides and didn't even know what a Vice-President was nor that I would be preparing meals and waiting on one just fifteen years after that. What I wouldn't give to Steward on the new bird they fly on...I am sure that the VC-25B is amazing. My old VC-137 (C-135) was a Cadillac and I am sure the new ones are like a Bentley...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by firechef (Psst...I was five ye...)
I won't tell you how old I was in 1979...cause I don't know I'd have to figure it out...let's just be nice and say I'm 25+ years older than you.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by bjcotton (Welcome Katherine! ...)
I'd love to have lunch with the two of you, Billy and LJ!! The cooking stories you tell-let's see, I'm on the East coast, Billy's on the west, LJ's smack in the middle, guess that means we'll meet at your place, LJ!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Chicken Kiev by pjcooks (I'd love to have lun...)
It's been tried...ask Linda! Not quite worth the trip!