Can I freeze heavy cream?
  Re: (...)
I needed 1/4 cup for making a ganache-type cake glaze, and only was able to find it in a 16 ounce carton. Since I hardly ever use heavy cream, but don't want to toss the rest (heck, I'll do that when I clean out the freezer next year!), could I freeze the cream in ice cube trays for possible future use?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by foodfiend (I needed 1/4 cup for...)
Look at the x date--heavy cream lasts forever--mix some with milk, make half and half and use in your coffee or tea. Mix with skim milk and pour on cereal, or make milk out of it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by Old Bay (Look at the x date--...)
Make your own half and half as well...make a nice creamy soup. The opportunities are nearly endless for heavy cream.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by firechef (Make your own half a...)
Make sweetened/flavored whipped cream and eat it with a spoon
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by bjcotton (Make sweetened/flavo...)
Kahlua Whipped Cream and freeze that for a sunny day or a cold day or a dreary day or any day...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by firechef (Kahlua Whipped Cream...)
Hey, LJ, good to see you've come up for air and took a minute to check in here.... what's shakin'?
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by HomeCulinarian (Hey, LJ, good to see...)
Too much to think of...I'll post an update!
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by bjcotton (Make sweetened/flavo...)
Quote:

Make sweetened/flavored whipped cream and eat it with a spoon

Decadent!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm with Billy on this one. Gimme a spoon!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Can I freeze heavy cream? by foodfiend (I needed 1/4 cup for...)
I am with most of you on this HOWEVER; my mom used to freeze heavy cream for ice cream and th ice cream would coat the roof of our mouth with 'butter'. It was terrible!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura