Going to Penzey's...
  Re: (...)
So Kambree has an appointment down in Des Moines on Thursday afternoon...Holly can not leave work as her boss is in Florida on vacation soooo we will be going by our lonesomes. The ENT doctor is a couple of blocks from Penzey's and a culinary uniform shop! Kambree and I are hitting BOTH with money in our pockets!!!

Well, work continues to be hectic. My Chef and I finally had a blow up that ended up putting him in his place when management laughed at his threats and I ended up being advanced to his position and am now a "Co-Executive Chef." We have a couple of weeks until the headache of Easter Sunday Brunch and then I am gone to Las Vegas and come back with a couple of weeks until we have the May from H.E.double hockey sticks...the first weekend of May is a 380 person buffet wedding reception, then comes Mother's Day, the weekend after that is a 350 person PLATED wedding reception and then we end the month with a 450 person plated wedding reception for the great-great-granddaughter of the person the Hotel was named for and the great-granddaughter of the original founders of the Hotel! No pressure on that one!!! Did I mention we are in a hiring freeze and still have a cook staff of SIX!!!???!!!

The new house is still coming along. It is very livable but still needs work and time to finish...ugh!

Kambree is getting bigger and smarter! She is now 20 months old and is up to 17 pounds 7 ounces and walks and dances and sings and LOVES the Noggin "pre-school" television network. She LOVES Dora the Explorer and Wonder Pets and the Backyardagains...Holly is doing well and almost as busy as I am with work and the house and Kambree. We are soooo tired when we get home that I barely have time to check my email let alone stop by here!

I will be doing a one hour cooking demo on Monday, August 17th at 4pm at the Iowa State Fair for anyone that will be around the mid-west that week to stop by and see...also judging a cooking contest that day as well.

Just a bit busy still...and the busy season is still to come!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Going to Penzey's... by firechef (So Kambree has an ap...)
Geez LJ, my 3 month old puppy weighs 10 pounds more than she does... Bet she's a lot of fun and hope she isn't eating dirt like the puppy.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by bjcotton (Geez LJ, my 3 month ...)
Good to hear your news, Firechef, and especially about Kambree. It's hard to believe she's 20 mos. old already and having so much fun!

Hang in there! It sounds like business is good for you at a time when it isn't good for so many; that's good, but hope you get a break in there sometime soon.
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by sophia (Good to hear your ne...)
LJ So good to get the update

They just opened a second penzy's here in S. Calif and I am thrilled. That is like my candy store.

Get us some updated pics of Kambree
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by DFen911 (LJ So good to get th...)
LJ, it sounds like things are going well for you. I'm glad to see things on the upswing...even if you are busier than heck! I know the two of you are looking forward to a respite in Las Vegas! I wish we could be there. I can't believe Kambree is growing up so fast! It seems like yesterday you were carrying her on your hip in the kitchen! But beware....now that she's got a little independence, she'll be getting into EVERYTHING! While I'm sure Billy was joking about the dirt...I've heard and SEEN worse...LOL! Give her a "smooch" from Gammy D!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by Gourmet_Mom (LJ, it sounds like t...)
Oh what a fun Daddy and Baby day!!! No stroller for her! She insisted on walking EVERYWHERE!!! We had lunch at the mall food court and she had her first soft thin crust NYC style cheese pizza that you could fold in half and eat...she loves cheeses. The doctor's appointment went well so it was on to Penzey's for some shopping which was nice. Got some goodies to play with. Found out that our "guardians" from Cuisine at Home Magazine are regulars at the Penzey's in the Des Moines suburb of Clive. Looked but didn't buy anything at the Chef uniform store and then bought Kambree three new shirts and a pair of pants at Babies R Us and a couple of new books and a Ty Beanie of Dora the Explorer before heading home with a dozen Panera Bread bagels and a Krispy Kreame doughnut...

We had fun and even started the day in town by having breakfast at a local "greasy spoon" with Kambree's Grandpa...now I am beat and kicking myself for not coming straight home to do more around the house. Then again days like today are far and few between...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by firechef (Oh what a fun Daddy ...)
This is a day memories are made of! Don't kick yourself for anything! Relish your day with your little girl....they will be few and far between. Write this one down!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by Gourmet_Mom (This is a day memori...)
Quote:

This is a day memories are made of! Don't kick yourself for anything! Relish your day with your little girl....they will be few and far between. Write this one down!

Those are true words of wisdom... Glad you had such a wonderful day with your beautiful daughter!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
No regrets on a day like that LJ! They grow up so fast that each one is a treasure.

About the dirt...my mother took my oldest brother to the doctor because he wasn't doing real well. The doctor asked her if she ever let him play in the dirt and she said no. The doc's advice was to let him play in the dirt and not take him inside to wash him up every time he got a little smudge on him. Straightened him right out...dirt isn't necessarily bad for you
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Going to Penzey's... by firechef (Oh what a fun Daddy ...)
Screw the house, LJ, it will always be there, and there will always be something to be done. A wonderful day with your daughter, though, is rare. Before you know it, she'll want to be dropped off at school a mile away so noone sees that she's with (gasp) a parent!!!! The good news is that they do come around again. I'm thoroughly enjoying my kids being in their 20's

I'm glad you had a good day. And, that you got through the crap (see Sharon's stew recipe) at work and all is going well for you.

PJ
PJ