Thusday Dinner - 3/19?
  Re: (...)
Leftover night - the slow cooker chuck roast & beans - probably take the burrito idea and serve it that way. sounds good.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by cjs (Leftover night - the...)
Mulligatawny Chicken Pot Pie from Weeknight Menus, and probably a salad to go with. Don't have puff pastry, so will use the red box pie crust.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by cjs (Leftover night - the...)
Tonight is either a "white lasagna" with shrimp, crap, and langostines; or smoked chicken tortilla soup.

I'm so excited Bob got me a grinder for the nixtomal so I can really grind my own masa. This is gonna be fun. Who wants to come play????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by Harborwitch (Tonight is either a ...)
This is the night teenage daughter joins us for dinner. She requested tacos! So, I made a crockpot chicken recipe for chicken tacos, cooked the bird yesterday, and I'm afraid it tastes like stewed chicken. Oh well... I'm going to stop at the store on the way home and pick up some hamburger and seasoning packet for her so she'll be happy!
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by HomeCulinarian (This is the night te...)
Sharon, I sure hope you mean crab instead of "crap"...LOL! A crap lasagna doesn't sound so good to me...even with all those other goodies in it.

Tonight is Mushroom Pork Marsala with buttered noodles and peas.

This weekend I'm hoping to celebrate with the Newburg Pot Pie. Was that a good one? I really want to blow it out with seafood this weekend. William got paid early for a BIG job today....Party Time!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I sure hope ...)
"Newburg Pot Pie" sounds familiar......even to my memory.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I sure hope ...)
c-r-a-b! LOL.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by Harborwitch (c-r-a-b! LOL. [im...)
Daph, we did that Newburgh pot pie for a dinner review. I think it was wonderful as I recall.
Sharon, LOL lasagna is always good, probbly even with crap
We sooo need to go shopping, there is barely anything to eat in this house. I had 1 eggplant, 1 tomato and 1 onion so I sliced them and roasted with Italian dressing. Sautéed some chicken thighs and served over buttered orzo.......but I'm still hungry
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by farnfam (Daph, we did that Ne...)
Daphne, Newburg Pot pie is so good. We've had it two more times since the dinner party review. Love it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner - 3/19? by Mare749 (Daphne, Newburg Pot ...)
As tempting as the crap lasagna sounds.....hahaha, I made that spinach fettucine with the Greek salsa that I just can't seem to stop eating, with chicken paillard (both recipes are in the first Cuisine for Two book) and steamed broccoli. Tres yummy. May have more of the fettucine for dessert.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!