New Plate Magazine!!
  Re: (...)
Don't know how many of you get this publication, but a few months ago the issue was devoted to bacon. This month it is all sandwiches!! And oh my, do they all look good. Lots of bread/bun recipes to try also.

I think I dog-eared every page.

You can get their recipes here also:

plateonline.com

just to whet the appetite...
Braised and glazed pork belly sliders
Short rib Reuben (corning short ribs instead of brisket)
Egg, avocado & bacon
Moroccan mushroom sliders
The 'Not Brown"
and on and on.....

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Plate Magazine!! by cjs (Don't know how many ...)
Shall probably try the "Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Jalapeños and Manchego Cheese on Chile Cornbread" (with the chicken that's available here, of course).

The latest email from them is all about garlic. The "Garlic Spinach with Currants, Pine Nuts and Pecorino" is one that I MAY like, on occasion, but not usually. Likewise, the "Garlic Pickles" are definitely out.

The Aioli and the "Garlic Confit" would, of course, have to be used with other things, and the recipes of which the Confit is a subrecipe sound wonderful: "Patty Melt with Gruyère and Roasted Shallots" and chicken thigh to be used for the "Bahn Mi Chicken Hoagie" (well, maybe with the pickled daikon left out, for me).

That leaves the "Garlic Pork with Green Beans" which sounds intriguing, especially with the Sambal oelek.

Always interesting to see what they'll send next!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: New Plate Magazine!! by cjs (Don't know how many ...)
I get their emails, but had never signed up for the magazine. Thanks, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by Lorraine (I get their emails, ...)
I copied the spinach one - sounds good. and the sandwich that the garlic confit is used in. drool, drool.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by cjs (I copied the spinach...)
Reminds me I need to check the mail on the way out before I head into town...

LOVED the bacon issue. Still going over it with a fine toothed comb in case I missed anything!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by cjs (I copied the spinach...)
Quote:

that the garlic confit is used in.

That one really caught my eye!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Okay...another purchase. Luckily, I've only got a few....LOL! Thanks for the tip you guys! I just wish I had taken heed months ago when you all mentioned it before!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by Gourmet_Mom (Okay...another purch...)
Daphne, if you subscribe now, you may not get this issue (March/April '09), but...there is a chef in Maryland that I figured would go crazy with the Bacon issue and I sent an email to the magazine requesting an extra copy (since there was no way in h*ll I was sending him mine!) and I got an immediate response of "Where would you like me to send it?" No charge even. Nice company.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by cjs (Daphne, if you subsc...)
Quote:

the Bacon issue...

I'd love to see what kind of recipes that had in that one. How much more does the actual magazine have over the emails they send out. The email for that issue had the following recipes:
  • Peach-glazed pork belly
  • Tequila-smoked American lamb bacon
  • Benton's bacon-infused old fashioned
  • Apricot cornbread topped with candied bacon and maple ice cream
  • Milk chocolate bacon tart
What other goodies are in that issue?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Plate Magazine!! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
uh...just counted the recipes in the Bacon issue - 67!! No, that's not correct - there are 26, with 41 mentioned that you can get online.

o.k., here's a few -
bacon popcorn
American lamb bacon w/parsnip puree, beets and peas
Pumpkin ravioli with bacon sage sauce
Peach-glazed pork belly
Triple pork hash with dried cherries
www.achefsjourney.com