A Frustrating Upate On Susie
  Re: (...)
I really can't believe this, but here it is. The woman who hit and killed my niece, Susie, had 16 driving violations against her and these were not even taken into consideration. She is being charged with negligent driving and a $500. fine - THAT'S IT! I can't even begin to imagine how my sister, Joan, can handle her anger over this. It's just unbelievable.

Anyway, you all were so supportive when this first happened, just thought I'd pass on the conclusion - if it can be.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by cjs (I really can't belie...)
That's so incredible, Jean, that I don't even know what to say...How does a judge even get away with that?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by Mare749 (That's so incredible...)
That doesn't seem like any kind of justice, how awful
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by farnfam (That doesn't seem li...)
Jean go after her civilly. She should be charged with criminal negligence, vehicular manslaughter, speeding and a slew of others.

So if they aren't going to go after her criminally, then civilly it is and take her house, her car, her paycheck everything for the rest of her life.

That kind of stuff just gets me so angry. And I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go thru all this
  Re: Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by DFen911 (Jean go after her ci...)
What Denise said... this is messed up!
Oh Jean! I just cannot imagine the rage you and your sister must be feeling! I think filing a civil suit against her is a good idea - with a real "shark" of a lawyer at your side.

I just boil whenever I hear something like this - was she drunk? Were any of the other violations drinking related? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  Re: Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by Harborwitch (Oh Jean! I just can...)
Jean, what Denise said, go after her with a civil suit.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by BarbaraS (Jean, what Denise sa...)
Jean, I let him read this , and he says go civil and sue their azz off. What an absolute shame that the parents have to even go thru this. I'm so sorry for them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
It's not fair, is it, Jean? My late brother in law was murdered many years ago, leaving behind a young widow (my sister) and a newborn baby. His punishment was a few years in prison. It's not fair. I think you should all do whatever you want-perhaps a civil suit would provide scholarship money, maybe, a visible reminder of a good life taken too soon but not in vain.

I'm so sorry.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: A Frustrating Upate On Susie by pjcooks (It's not fair, is it...)
I agree with the others....go for a civil suit. PJ's suggestion of providing a scholarship fund is a good one also.

It's just a shame your sister has to deal with this. The courts should have taken care of this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.