Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th??
  Re: (...)
I'm up in the air. Houseboat Don is coming tonight for 4 days and wants to make sausage. Also got a call from Capt. Jay - he's in town too. Oh my, sausage and surprise seafood.... All I'm doing this a.m. is making a double batch of pizza dough and get ready for food. pig out weekend coming up.

What's everyone else up to?
(Daphne, what kind of toppings are you (or did you) using for the pizza?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by cjs (I'm up in the air. H...)
We're having pasta with some homemade marinara out of the freezer. We still have a lot left! I'll serve it with some turkey Italian sausages and a salad. Not too exciting!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by HomeCulinarian (We're having pasta w...)
I think we are finally having the pasta with morels tonight.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by Lorraine (I think we are final...)
Quote:

I think we are finally having the pasta with morels tonight.

I thought America didn't have morels any more...

... oh ... that was MORALS!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, it's Thursday, and I'm finding myself craving spaghetti and meatballs again! I know that Vicci can appreciate that one. BTW, where is she lately?

I'll be making turkey meatballs (we love these) and a salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by Mare749 (Well, it's Thursday,...)
Everything's ready for the pizzas except the marinara which is at a very slow bubble on the stove as I type.

Jean, since there isn't much to choose from around here for toppings, I'm just doing chopped red and yellow peppers, red onion, (This may have a hint of ginger in it. Somebody ate my shrimp the other day before I could make my sushi! ARG!) cubed ham, Italian sausage, and mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese pillows. Pretty basic.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everything's ready f...)
Paul is due home today and he wanted meatloaf, so we're having that, mashers/gravy and green salad.

Jesse is having a little dog food since he was neutered today...along with half a pain pill.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by bjcotton (Paul is due home tod...)
I'm fixing country fried steaks with brown water gravy to go with long grain rice, green limas cooked in water and salt pork, and a romaine, tomato, and onion salad ( we have a lot of romaine).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by Old Bay (I'm fixing country f...)
YUMMMY Bill! That's one of my favorites!

AWWWWW! Poor Jesse! No meatloaf with pain meds. Poor baby!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 26th?? by cjs (I'm up in the air. H...)
Quote:

I'm up in the air. Houseboat Don is coming tonight for 4 days and wants to make sausage. Also got a call from Capt. Jay - he's in town too. Oh my, sausage and surprise seafood.... All I'm doing this a.m. is making a double batch of pizza dough and get ready for food. pig out weekend coming up.

What's everyone else up to?
(Daphne, what kind of toppings are you (or did you) using for the pizza?)

You have some of the most interesting and desireable friends--you attract fine people--next time we come see if Houseboat Don, or Capt. Jay can come by--My God the food!!! Is there a Dungeness Dan? Halibut Harry? Sockeye Sally? Chanterelle Charlie? I'm so glad we're your friends!!! We had the best time, and your food was incredible--how you must enjoy the Pacific NW.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".