White Lasagna
  Re: (...)
I finally got this made. It was worth all the effort and Bob and I are sure we'll make it again; most likely for company - and we'll do all the prep the day before.

White Lasagna
1 lb lump Dungeness crab
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 lb. langostines (or scallops)
1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled, tails removed, and deveined (I marinated mine overnight still in their split shells in olive oil, garlic, a bit of lemon juice, lemon thyme, and parsley.
6 Tbsp butter
2 tsp chopped garlic
6 Tbsp flour
4 cups milk
8 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided
Salt
Freshly ground white pepper
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
8 oz grated Mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb lasagna noodles, cooked for 5 minutes and drained
Cook the seafood: Lightly shred any extremely large pieces of crabmeat,but don’t over shred. Heat the butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Rinse and peel the shrimp. Pat shrimp and langostines dry with a paper towel. Place in the pan and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring a couple of times
until cooked through. Strain and place in the bowl with the crab meat. Add a pinch of salt, some white pepper, and toss to mix. Reserve any juices left in the pan.

Make the white sauce: Melt butter in sauce pan over medium high heat and add garlic. Cook until very fragrant but don’t let the garlic brown (about 3 minutes). Whisk in the flour and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk 1 cup at a time, whisking until smooth and lump-free after each addition. Add juices from the cooked seafood. Cook an additional 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally and taking care that the bottom does not scorch. Remove from heat and whisk in salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Make the ricotta filling: Mix spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan, ricotta, egg, all of the mozzarella, salt, white pepper, and 1 cup white sauce in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
Assemble and cook: Spread 1 cup of white sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in the pan and spread half of the ricotta-spinach mixture over the noodles, covering completely. Top with 1/2 cup white sauce.
Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in the pan and add all of the crab-shrimp-langostines, spreading to distribute evenly. Sprinkle half of the remaining parmesan cheese over the seafood layer and top with 1/2 cup white sauce.
Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in the pan and spread the remaining ricotta-spinach mixture over the noodles. Top with 1/2 cup white sauce.
Add the remaining 3 lasagna noodles, remaining white sauce, and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the top.
Place in the oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Food Network
  Re: White Lasagna by Harborwitch (I finally got this m...)
that sounds amazingly good - especially to someone who does not object to cheese and seafood....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by cjs (that sounds amazingl...)
I love crab and shrimp with cheese. This was so lush. I know you'll love it. If I make it again for just Bob and I we'll cut the recipe in half.
  Re: White Lasagna by Harborwitch (I finally got this m...)
Wow! Not a morsel in there I don't like. It all looks just wonderful to me! I'd love to make this.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by iCook (Wow! Not a morsel i...)
Welcome Icook. This is so worth making.
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by Harborwitch (Welcome Icook. This...)
This sounds so good Sharon. I'll have to make this for Paul one of these days.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by bjcotton (This sounds so good ...)
BUMP! I love checking on what Anon is looking at! My slump this winter must have been REALLY bad for me to have missed this! Come on....Pay Day! This WILL be made! Since William is not a big fan of scallops, I think I'll sub lobster! Alas, no Dungeness crab...but I think our local stuff will work...the good stuff, that is! YUM!

That summer cooking list keeps gets longer and longer...and summer keeps getting shorter and shorter...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by Gourmet_Mom (BUMP! I love checki...)
Daphne this is so wonderful. I think I'll have to make it while Bob's daughter and ex are here visiting! Yes, I know I'm planning on showing off!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by Harborwitch (Daphne this is so wo...)
" Yes, I know I'm planning on showing off!!!" LOL! This sounds like it should do it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: White Lasagna by Gourmet_Mom (" Yes, I know I'm p...)
Snicker snicker! (I told Bob, she'd better behave herself or she'll be cooking hamburger helper for a week!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!