Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabaisse
  Re: (...)
Made the "Provençal Seafood Extravaganza" from the latest Cuisine for Two last night. It was excellent, but it should have been for the cost! It's a bouillabaisse broth topped with broiled lobster tail, sea scallops, and jumbo shrimp. You split one lobster tail lengthwise, and get two shrimp and two scallops for each serving. I made the bouillabaisse in the afternoon, then reheated it as I prepared the seafood food. I think the seafood could marinate more than 30 minutes and it would also be good if the seafood was cooked on the grill. I should have also added the shrimp a little after the other shellfish cooked. They were a bit over done. And, I didn't make the tarragon mayonnaise toasts, to save the calories. I think they would certainly be a good accompaniment.

It was a big hit with Hubby and we'll make it again.
  Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabaisse by HomeCulinarian (Made the "Provençal ...)
If anyone has this recipe please post it! You had me from "Broiled Citrus Seafood in Bouillabaisse"...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabaisse by firechef (If anyone has this r...)
Serves 2
1 lobster tail, shell on (6-7 ounces, split lengthwise)
4 sea scallops
4 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
2 T olive oil
Juice and zest of 1/2 an orange and 1/2 a lemon
Pinch of red pepper flakes

For the Broth:
1 cup cubed Yukon gold potatoes
1 cup sliced fennel
2 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 can low-sodium chicken broth (14 oz)
1/4 dry white wine
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
6 threads saffron
Juice and minced zest of 1/2 lemon
Salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped parsley
fennel fronds for garnish

Toss seafood with oil, orange and lemon juices, zest and pepper flakes. Marinate for 30 minutes (I'd think longer is okay)

Sweat potatoes and fennel in oil in a saute pan over medium heat until fennel begins to soften, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.

Deglaze with wine, then stir in broth, tomatoes, saffron, and lemon juice and zest. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove lid and simmer 5 more minutes to reduce. Season with salt, cover and keep warm.

Remove seafood from marinade. Place seafood on rack over baking sheet; season with salt. Broil seafood until it's cook through, 5-8 minutes. (depending on the size of the shrimp, it may not need to cook the same length of time as the scallops and lobster. I also turned the scallops half way through cooking time.)

Stir parsley into broth then ladle broth and vegetables into two shallow bowls. Top each with seafood. Garnish wiht fennel fronds.
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by HomeCulinarian (Serves 2[br]1 lobste...)
This looks really good--we don't like "fish,fish" soups--this one with shellfish--we will grill them or sear (scallops) them, and serve over the broth!! Great idea!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by Old Bay (This looks really go...)
It sure does look good! I've got some salty lobster bisque left from Christmas that I need to use up. I managed to get a couple quarts of shellfish stock the other weekend when I made the Newburg Pot Pies, so I'm hoping to make something with the two. I think I might work it into this idea. Now to convince William I need another lobster tail and more shrimp.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by Gourmet_Mom (It sure does look go...)
"Now to convince William" just play up the fact it's not chicken!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by cjs ("Now to convince Wil...)
Hey! GREAT IDEA! I'm trying that tonight. I've promised pizza for tomorrow night. We had a great pork sirloin roast last night and it was decided the leftovers would be great on a pizza. But Friday and Saturday are destined for SEAFOOD CITY! Thanks Jean!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by Gourmet_Mom (Hey! GREAT IDEA! I...)
I saw this from an anon. Forgot about it . Called it back. Got to try it before spring!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by Old Bay (I saw this from an a...)
I'd forgotten how good this one does sound!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review - Broiled Citrus Seafood in bouillabais by cjs (I'd forgotten how go...)
HMMMMM!!! Not sure about the "broth" but anything seafood, shellfish is a winner for us! Will take a look at this and see what we shall see
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy