Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad
  Re: (...)
So we've had another keeper from the newest Cuisine for Two cookbook. Tonight we tried the "Magnificent Mediterranean Chicken" aka Lemon-cumin chicken with Mediterranean salad. I think it is mis-named because there is no lemon in the chicken. There is lemon juice in the vinaigrette, but that's it. Nonetheless, it was a very good salad and I was curious how the cumin on the chicken would go with the Med salad because I think of cumin as a Tex-Mex spice. It was great together. I didn't make the garlic croutons and used some from the store instead.

We had a late dinner - I went to the late Jazzercise class and Hubby had a looooong day ... he got a new crown this morning before going in to the office; so he put in his 10 hours starting at 10 instead of 7. It was a satisfying main entree salad and not too heavy so hopefully my sleep will be sound!

It's one of my co-workers birthday potluck's tomorrow and I'm about to bake a batch of cookies for it... Oatmeal/peanut butter with choc chips - teenage daughter's favorite!
  Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by HomeCulinarian (So we've had another...)
Thanks for the review, HC. I've been meaning to order that book and keep forgetting. That recipe sounds good.

You are a brave lady making those cookies! The temptation would do me in and usually does.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
Quote:

You are a brave lady making those cookies! The temptation would do me in and usually does.

I ate two that broke - Isn't it true that all the calories fall out of broken cookies!?!
  Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The recipe sounds good. I keep forgetting to make my orders as well.

Quote:

I ate two that broke - Isn't it true that all the calories fall out of broken cookies!?!

Never heard of this, but makes sense to me...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by Gourmet_Mom (The recipe sounds go...)
Quote:

The recipe sounds good. I keep forgetting to make my orders as well.

[blockquote]Quote:

Never heard of this, but makes sense to me...LOL!

[/blockquote]

No, quite the opposite. If you break a cookie into two pieces it produces twice as many calories--doesn't that make sense?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

No, quite the opposite. If you break a cookie into two pieces it produces twice as many calories--doesn't that make sense?

Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My college roomate tells me that when you cut a cake, all the calories fall out. She is a very intelligent woman, so it must be so. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by chef_Tab (My college roomate t...)
I just noticed I am now an "old hand". Geez, that doesn't sound very attractive. And I thought "stranger" was harsh!
Theresa

Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by chef_Tab (I just noticed I am ...)
Lol Theresa here's some geritol Tongue

**runs**
  Re: Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad by DFen911 (Lol Theresa here's s...)
Look, Denise! you just reached 2000! Is that a geritol jello shooter?
Theresa