News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder
  Re: (...)
Hello Cuisine at home forum users!

I, along with the entire Cuisine staff, enjoy reviewing your discussion threads, and reading about what’s cooking in your kitchens. To ensure that your experience on our forum continues to be enjoyable, I would like to remind everyone of the terms and conditions for participation. As you may be aware, some people have ignored the rules that have been clearly stated from the forum’s inception. (These can be found in the FAQ section of this site.) Here’s a recap of those rules:

- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offense; material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without first obtaining the express permission of the owner of such copyright; or material that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.
- Participants may not use the forum to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.
- Forum moderators have the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.
- This Web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the forum, nor does the Web site bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

In brief, I expect everyone to behave civilly. Critical but constructive posts, as there have been of late regarding Cuisine at home, are very welcome. The Cuisine staff appreciates your feedback! However, personal attacks are not acceptable, and will be considered grounds for termination of user privileges. Name-calling, swear words, and mean-spirited comments also will not be tolerated.

To help monitor and guide forum use, I have asked the forum’s most prolific participant, cjs, to help as a moderator. In this capacity, cjs will have authority to address transgressions as necessary, whether by editing a post, deleting it, or as a last resort, by barring a user. And of course, cjs will continue to enrich the forums with her enthusiastic participation. Her moderator status will be visible to you in the next week.

The vast majority of you have followed the rules, and you are to be congratulated for having transformed a blank canvas that is the forum into a vibrant online community full of fun and interesting food discussion. Please continue to enjoy this forum in the spirit of mutual support and respect. Thank you all for participating and for playing by the rules.

Sincerely,

Joy Taylor
Editorial Media Director
Cuisine at home magazine
  Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by JoyT (Hello Cuisine at hom...)
I see Jean's "M" flag already on her user name. She will do a first rate job of moderating here... she has been the unofficial kitchen boss and it's good to see her given some real authority - now if she can just get Members Plus for us!!!

I only noticed a couple of derogatory posts about the new CAH editor and lamenting the loss of John Meyer. Other than that, this is a very friendly, supportive and civilized group. The gentle reminder obviously isn't for the regulars here.
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by HomeCulinarian (I see Jean's "M" fla...)
Brilliant idea to have CJS help as a moderator. I think I suggested this a few months ago. She truly cares about the forum and members.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by chef_Tab (Brilliant idea to ha...)
Excellent!!!! Congratulations, Jean dear.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by farnfam (Excellent!!!! Congr...)
Jean, I know this is not something you really wanted to do--another responsibility when your focus is in areas you want to do for your own fullfillment--I know that. Please understand that I and all of us appreciate you protecting this happy little group and keeping us together. We all love you and want you to know that this effort on our behalf should give you a lot of satisfaction--making a lot of people happy is not to be taken lightly!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by Old Bay (Jean, I know this is...)
ditto to what Bill said. Words could never convey the respect and admiration I have for you, Jean. Thank you a million times over for being such a wonderful and giving person. Huge hugs!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by chef_Tab (ditto to what Bill s...)
First-rate choice. If anyone knows what goes on, here, it's Jean.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by chef_Tab (ditto to what Bill s...)
Thanks Joy, it's nice to know you guys do read these posts. We love this place and really enjoy the friendships we've made. Nothing is as fun as comparing recipes we've cooked from the magazine

Oh no!! Jean's got the power...I'm so unprepared!! I wish I had known as I would have made a very special jello shooter for this auspicious occassion

Congratulations Jean. Lol now she has to hold herself to the higher standards of moderator-dom. No more posting of wierd geese hanging from odd positions
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by DFen911 (Thanks Joy, it's nic...)
Cool, Jean gets to wield a bigger wooden spoon!!

And thank you to the moderators and the editors . . . this is the first place I come to in the morning. It is inviting, encouraging, enthusiastic, and a cyber home for many of us. I wouldn't want to see that change. And it is nice to see that you are taking efforts to make sure it continues that way.

Congratulations, Jean!
  Re: Re: News from Cuisine with a gentle reminder by iBcookin (Cool, Jean gets to w...)
You mean I can't talk about our hanging goose anymore???? Oh dear, this may not work.

Thank you Joy and to all the regular 'family' members, you know the reminders were not aimed at you - the 'family' loves the forum too much.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com