Friday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to tonight? We're having a simple dinner of sauteed tilapia, steamed baby potatoes tossed with butter and chives and coleslaw.

Easy and satisfying.
  Re: Friday's Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
We usually go to a restaurant after dance classes on Friday night, but since I had two banquets to attend this week, we'll be dining at home to correct some transgressions before Monday weigh in.

Tonight, I'm making the BLT straw & hay pasta dish from the first Cuisine for Two. This is a repeat performance for us. Easy and good dish.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (We usually go to a r...)
I'm trying the Roasted Tomato soup from the Soups book. Instead of the mozz/pesto grilled sammies, I'm doing gruyere on soughdough grilled sammiches.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by BarbaraS (I'm trying the Roast...)
Well, since I was thawing out a small chuck roast before the flu hit us, I managed to put it in the crockpot this a.m. before it went bad...it'll surprise me if either of us eats any.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (Well, since I was th...)
Sorry to hear that, Jean. I'm just getting over another wicked cold that had me out for two days this week.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by BarbaraS (Sorry to hear that, ...)
We're doing salmon burgers and cole slaw, maybe a few french fries for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by Mare749 (We're doing salmon b...)
I think we are going to graze our way through Sam's Club. I need a few things and it is a cheap date. I know.....you are all jealous. Such extravagance.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by chef_Tab (I think we are going...)
LOL! Good one Theresa!

Jean, I'm so sorry you guys are suffering the flu. The flu here hit really bad...I think our worst day at school was 75 kids out. With a population around 450...that's a lot!

T-bones were on special, so we're having our usual steak and baked potato. I don't really have to cook much, and on a Friday, that's a good thing. By Friday, I've usually run out of gas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Good one There...)
Jame did carpentry work for our friend again, what a blessing to work during this layoff! She cooked us a lovely curried shrimp over rice,....an I halped LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by farnfam (Jame did carpentry w...)
Finally got some ripe mangoes to make the RĂ³balo in Mango Salsa that I had intended to make when I had originally posted the recipe. It was delicious, but I think the salsa was a little too much for the fish. The next one I'll try is going to use lemon and Sherry, instead. Shall post the recipe and results then.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?