Saint Julia Prayer Candle
  Re: (...)
Description
Do you go into the kitchen prepared to wow your guests with your culinary skills only to burn the life out of your meals? Do you enjoy your wine with your food preparations...a little too much?

Then you need to start praying really hard to Saint Julia.. the Patron Saint of Gourmet Cooking!

She will help you with your cooking disasters!...

You will receive one prayer candle with your purchase. The prayer candle has inspirational quotes and text in the back by the famed starlet. You will also get a recipe card for her famous Brioche. yay!

[Image: saint_julia.jpg]

There are a few stores that carry it. I've been trying to find it myself. I contacted www.qassa.com and they are out, but they plan to get some from the maker Whisk in Astoria.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by luvnit (Description [br]Do y...)
That is just tooo cute!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by Gourmet_Mom (That is just tooo cu...)
OH cool, I'm gonna buy nine and do a novena to saint Julia.
LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by farnfam (OH cool, I'm gonna b...)
Oh I must have one! I have the book and have read it many times, but to have the candle that would be soo cool
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by farnfam (OH cool, I'm gonna b...)
Quote:

LOL

I've heard that if you burn one next to water it becomes a burgundy or a Willamette Valley Pinot Noir--Oh the Saints be praised!! If the Vatican got wind of this it would be a Barolo--ok by me. Or a Brunello de Moltincino, or Whatever!! Julia would approve.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
From a different perspective, one particularly jocular Bible-college professor I had would say "Next week, if you would like to bring me your burnt offerings you will appease my wrath." What he meant was, "Next week, let's have a covered-dish supper for the class." LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by labradors (From a different per...)
Reminds me of the joke about the wife who worshiped her husband by putting a burnt offering before him for dinner every evening. (There is a much more clever way of delivering this joke, but I've never been mistaken as a good joke teller.)
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

LOL

I've heard that if you burn one next to water it becomes a burgundy or a Willamette Valley Pinot Noir--Oh the Saints be praised!! If the Vatican got wind of this it would be a Barolo--ok by me. Or a Brunello de Moltincino, or Whatever!! Julia would approve.

[/blockquote]
Thanks, Bill, I'll let you know how it works
Runs into kitchen and sets candle next to Very Large bottle of water
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saint Julia Prayer Candle by farnfam ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Next thing you know, masses of people will be making a pilgrimage to see one of these because it began bleeding, or something. LOL!

(Combined religious-icon and Julia Child joke - especially enhanced for those who remember the SNL skit about her.)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?