I love living here!
  Re: (...)
We stopped at a little fruit stand/antique store/tourist trap to day. Billy did you stop at the Barn?

We bought some blood oranges, another orange with bumply skin, some apples, a set of adorable magnets for the fridge, and a beautiful beautiful apricot pie(ready to bake). As we were checking out I asked if they were going to have rhubarb available - yup @ 3.00 a bunch, and her husband went out and picked it for us while we waited!! We also got some free range brown eggs for 4.20 for 20 eggs - each weighing 2.5 oz! Life is beautiful out here!

Now - pineapple crisp tonight; and then I have to make some chocolate ice cream for the apricot pie! Yummmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I love living here! by Harborwitch (We stopped at a litt...)
Doh I am so jealous!! We used to have such wonderful farmers markets here, but in the last 5 years we've lost over 95% of our farm land to industrial buildings. It's just sickening because they keep building them and they all sit vacant. What a waste.
  Re: Re: I love living here! by DFen911 (Doh I am so jealous!...)
Lucky you! Sounds like that will be your new favorite place to shop! What will you make with the rhubarb?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I love living here! by Mare749 (Lucky you! Sounds l...)
If I had to guess....jalapeno rhubarb jam maybe with some strawberries if they come off in time? LOL!

I am determined to experiment with rhubarb this season. They're on the shelf...just to hang on one more week before I can play over Easter break.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I love living here! by Gourmet_Mom (If I had to guess......)
Hmmm, I'm remembering a really good rhubarb meringue pie on a crust with oatmeal or something. I've got to find that recipe. The rhubarb was mixed with strawberry jello, for the filling. It's around here somewhere.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I love living here! by farnfam (Hmmm, I'm rememberin...)
and Daphne, rhubarb is in the mystery bag ingredients...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I love living here! by cjs (and Daphne, rhubarb ...)
Yup. My last (known) dream before waking up involved in making pineapple and rhubarb crisp. I was thinking strawberry rhubarb pie, or rhubarb raspberry jalapeno jelly. So many recipes so little time.
  Re: Re: I love living here! by Harborwitch (Yup. My last (known...)
...and then don't forget -
"Rhubarb, Bacon & Onion Compote - Sharon"

We love this and so do my customers!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I love living here! by cjs (...and then don't fo...)
Oh my yes! Yummmmmmmmy - especially with our wonderful maple pepper bacon smoked over applewood and pecan! Yum.
  Re: Re: I love living here! by Harborwitch (Oh my yes! Yummmmmm...)
I just checked at the store...no rhubarb. UH OH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.