Hello everyone
  Re: (...)
Well, it's friday night and my wife and her friend have gone to our local film fest this weekend. So it's just me and you and my dog not named Boo.

I'm just sitting here with some Pinot Grigio and Dexter Gordon wondering if anyone would like to chat.

I lost my job around X-mas and am finally back to work at another job. Oh, it feels so nice to get back to work. My honey-do list is finished and all there was left was the daily dog walk. So i'm in a great mood.
  Re: Hello everyone by lv2ck (Well, it's friday ni...)
Welcome to another guy--there's only a few of us here, but everyone makes us welcome--our son left Cummins in Indiana and came to Austin- got a reasonably good job before the bad time. We'll try to distract you and have some fun. Welcome--things will get better!! Cooking is a great distraction--!!(So are we)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by Old Bay (Welcome to another g...)
It sure is.

I knew I would get a job in my same field. I just had to get through the winter(slow) season. I have one of the few jobs that can not be outsoursed TG.

Being laid off through the winter months is normal here in Wisc. So it wasn't a big deal. But I usually don't get laid off for 3 months though.
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by lv2ck (It sure is.[br][br]I...)
Welcome lv2ck. It's nice to see another man around here that likes to cook. My man is getting into things on a primitive level, but he's proud of his accomplishments none-the-less. So....whatcha cookin'?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome lv2ck. It's...)
Welcome lv2ck! I wish I could get my hubby to cook but he has such an adversion to raw meat even if I'm prepping it he has to leave the kitchen

I hope you're enjoying your new job. You're so lucky to find one in this economy. Well done!
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome lv2ck. It's...)
Quote:

Welcome lv2ck. It's nice to see another man around here that likes to cook. My man is getting into things on a primitive level, but he's proud of his accomplishments none-the-less. So....whatcha cookin'?

Right now i'm trying new curry dishes. My wife loves curry.
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by DFen911 (Welcome lv2ck! [img]...)
Quote:

Welcome lv2ck! I wish I could get my hubby to cook but he has such an adversion to raw meat even if I'm prepping it he has to leave the kitchen

I hope you're enjoying your new job. You're so lucky to find one in this economy. Well done!

My wife is the one who got me into cooking. Before her it was boxed mac and cheese and frozen ZA. Now it's cuisine at home and any other interesting recipe I can try. I love to try new recipes.

Last night it was a quick curried tuna dish. MMMM.
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by lv2ck ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome to the forum lv2ck! We are always happy to have new members. Stop by often, there is always something going on here and the people are all very nice. You will acquire tons of new ideas and recipes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
I have only tried a few curry dishes.....what cuisine are you experimenting with...Indian or Eastern? With fish I'd guess Eastern...right?

SO...what did you do with it? Inquiring minds want to know.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hello everyone by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
HI there Iv2ck, welcome. This is a fun place, you'll learn a ton!
Cis
Empress for Life