Leftover Chicken recipes
  Re: (...)
I was just curious what your favorite recipe is for using leftover chicken - or rotissery chicken.

About every two weeks we make beer can chicken on the grill. Easy, affordable family meal and we all love it. We usually cook two chickens. We eat it for lunch, tossed in salads, in chicken enchiladas and one of my favorites is the Chicken Pappardelle with sun-dried tomatoes and the Tomato Broccolini salad from C@H Issue 67 Feb 2008.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had some fun ways to use up the chicken this week!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by esgunn (I was just curious w...)
Hey Jean has a recipe I sent her for her new book. I don't have it here on my home pc just my work pc.

I make a casserole with a roasted chicken, rice, onions peppers and bake the entire thing.
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by DFen911 (Hey Jean has a recip...)
Here's one, from Dr. Gourmet, that I plan to make tonight or tomorrow: Fusilli with Smoked Gouda and Chicken

Also, the Leftover Chicken Croquettes from AllRecipes is one I've used a few times.

Many times, I'll just throw things together and create something new, such as I did for my Tropical Passion Chicken.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by esgunn (I was just curious w...)
Make a chicken enchalada casserole--we make chicken salad too. Chicken fajitas.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by Old Bay (Make a chicken encha...)
Love the stir fry for l/o chicken.

Here's Denise's -
Chicken and Rice Bake

1 roasted chicken, the kind you can buy at the supermarket
2 cups rice (I use Uncle Ben’s Quick rice for this recipe)
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1 tsp. dried basil
2 cans Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup
14 oz. can diced tomatoes, do not drain
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 4-quart casserole dish, spray with Pam and place rice in the bottom.

Sauté onions until opaque, 5-7 minutes; add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add herbs and allow the herbs to ‘bloom’ (the residual heat will do this, about 1 minute). While the onions are cooking, shred the chicken and place on the rice. Keep the juice that comes from the chicken and pour in with the chicken. Add the onion and garlic mixture to the rice and chicken.

Next add the soup and tomatoes with their juice to the dish. You may need to add a bit of water, but no more than 1/2 cup. You don’t want it runny, just a thick soup. Season with salt & pepper. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Note: If you add extra vegetables, you will not need to add the extra water as the moisture they produce while cooking will suffice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by cjs (Love the stir fry fo...)
I like your Pasta dish for the leftovers or Robbie's Chicken Pot Pie . That is the best recipe I've ever found for it. As a matter of fact, I've got some stashed in the freezer right now. William requested one for next week. Another is the chicken and leek casserole. In winter I use it for gumbo.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by Gourmet_Mom (I like your Pasta di...)
Lol thank you Jean!
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by DFen911 (Lol thank you Jean! ...)
"Here's one, from Dr. Gourmet, that I plan to make tonight or tomorrow: Fusilli with Smoked Gouda and Chicken"

That sounds so good. I'm starting to like that website more and more every time I go there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by Mare749 ("Here's one, from Dr...)
hmmmm, wonder if my stomach is up to gouda...got lots of aged gouda in the frig from testing. sounds good maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Chicken recipes by cjs (hmmmm, wonder if my ...)
Poor Jean....I really am sad you guys are under the weather. I hope you feel better soon. BTW, don't look in the dinner thread...I was being bad....really, really bad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.