What's Cooking Saturday?
  Re: (...)
I'm making pizza's! I have oodles of fresh basil, some sweet italian sausage, fresh mozzarella and mushrooms. MmmmMm and nice bottle of chiati too.
  Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by DFen911 (I'm making pizza's! ...)
You know what ran thru my mind as I read that Denise?? "Oh, da-- you, Denise" That sounds so good, but we're still on a very bland diet - a couple more days. Then all hell is going to break loose.

Enjoy...sigh
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by cjs (You know what ran th...)
Oh Jean I'm sorry I sure hope you two kick that flu once and for all.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by DFen911 (Oh Jean I'm sorry [i...)
I'm sorry Jean, but I MUST respond to Denise's query. You know...faithful and loyal and all that....

I sit on the deck as I type. The sun is warm on my face. My THIRD glass of zin sits at my right with a presentation of stuffed olives, cheese and crackers before me. AHHHHHH! Life is good!

Dinner? Well, I COULD have made the bouillabaisse with my shrimp, but I have opted for the easy way out...grilled corn, salad, and peel and eat shrimp. Even after SEVERAL glasses of wine, I think I can handle it! AHHHH!

(I am very sorry for the gloating. I couldn't help myself!)

Tomorrow, I will take the excess shrimp (bought 5 pounds), and make shrimp sushi parfaits (finally!) and shrimp rolls (using popcorn bread rolls)! YUMMMMMMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by DFen911 (Oh Jean I'm sorry [i...)
We're thinking of going out for something since I just spent the afternoon helping my daughter get ready for a party tomorrow. Ron just loves when I'm cooking for an event. Besides going out for last minute stuff that I forgot, he is the official taster.

Hope you feel better soon, Jean. Sounds like you got hit pretty hard.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by Mare749 (We're thinking of go...)
We are doing a flank steak with swiss chard and grilled fingerling potatoes.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by Old Bay (We are doing a flank...)
Had the leftover piece of fish, but this time with the cilantro puréed in with the salsa instead of just hit or miss as a garnish, and it was just right. Have made a note on my copy of the recipe to put the cilantro in with the salsa instead of using it as a garnish.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by Old Bay (We are doing a flank...)
I'm going to make the spinach and three cheese manicotti with buttermilk caesar salad from the first Cuisine for Two. Erin is right that many of the cookbooks recycle recipes from the magazines. But I appreciate the updates and that the recipes are scaled for two servings.

For this week's menu I tried my best to use my pantry and stuff in the freezer. The kids were over last weekend and giving me a hard time about the fridge being ridiculously stuffed with food and there are only two of us at home and we're both on diets.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to make th...)
Erin, I just made the 3 cheese and spinach manicotti on thursday, we love it. I made 12 of the rascals though so that we could have leftovers.

Tonight I threw together a chicken and dumpling meal with a bunch of stuff from the fridge. I am doing my best to be more economical. I am, however, very jealous of Daphne and her 5 pounds of shrimp!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: What's Cooking Saturday? by DFen911 (I'm making pizza's! ...)
Halibut Fish Sticks and homemade fries.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.