"oyster sauce" question PLEASE......
  Re: (...)
My "on call chef"(mom-cjs) is to sick to answer any question about food, so wondering if you could help me. I'm making the Mushroom Dumplings from issue 74 and the I picked up "spicy oyster sauce" instead of "oyster sauce" can I use the "spicy" one?????...I'm not a big fan of real hot or spicy.
  Re: "oyster sauce" question PLEASE...... by madmax (My "on call chef"(mo...)
Have never seen the "spicy," but oyster sauce, itself, is an essential ingredient of many Asian dishes. If you don't like the spicy, and haven't opened it yet, I'd take it back, since that kind of "Asian spicy" is usually pretty spicy. If you can't return it, try a little of it first (understanding that it is also going to be salty).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: "oyster sauce" question PLEASE...... by labradors (Have never seen the ...)
Thank You, well Dang didn't want to run back to the store but guess I better, Oh boy I'm so glad I asked I tasted just a tad as you said and holy moley my mouth is still on fire, thankfully I didn't just go ahead and use it. WOW this stuff is plain & simply HOT. Again Thanks
  Re: "oyster sauce" question PLEASE...... by madmax (My "on call chef"(mo...)
Madmax, how did the mushroom dumplings turn out?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: "oyster sauce" question PLEASE...... by esgunn (Madmax, how did the...)
I'll be anxious to hear your answer, too, Tracie. These were on my list to try over the holiday, as well as some of the other Asian things in the recent issue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: "oyster sauce" question PLEASE...... by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be anxious to h...)
well thanks for not asking me, MS madmax. This morning my stomach didn't even hiccup reading this post... Spicy oyster sauce, will have to look for that.

How did they turn out?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com