Lunch or Supper on Sunday
  Re: (...)
What are y'all fixing? Paul wanted Garlic Shrimp and didn't know what he wanted with it. I'd never made Peanut Sauce from scratch and wanted to try it. I'd planned on having sautéed chicken breasts with peanut sauce over rice, a green salad with dried fruit...reconstituted and ginger syrup for dessert. He wanted pasta with a sauce and since I'd already started the peanut sauce that's what he got with his pasta. It was pretty good. I made the "Garlic Lovers Shrimp" and have no idea where I got the recipe, but Paul loves it. Here it is in case anyone wants it:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Garlic Lovers Shrimp

Recipe By :Rachael Ray
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:05
Categories : Fish-Shellfish-Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
12 cloves garlic -- peeled & smashed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter -- cut in small pieces
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes -- crushed
1 1/2 pounds jumbo bay shrimp (30 shrimp) -- peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste

Process garlic in food processor to finely chop. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Season shrimp with salt and toss to coat. Add shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and heads curl to tails. Add black pepper, to your taste.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by bjcotton (What are y'all fixin...)
That sounds delicious, Billy.

I've made a batch of the Tortilla Soup from the Splendid soups book for dinner. It has chipotle shrimp with it. The house smells good!
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by HomeCulinarian (That sounds deliciou...)
That does sound delish, Billy!
I finally got around to making the greek salsa chicken that was meant for Bill's b'day review. I made some changes. Added garlic, halved the salsa, but only made two chicken breasts. I served the chicken and salsa over spinach fettucine. This is going to be another regular at my house. I give it a 9.5-10.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by chef_Tab (That does sound deli...)
Power was out all morning, here, so I never really got started with much of anything. Just heated up some of the Lasagne Soup.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by chef_Tab (That does sound deli...)
I'd made the shrimp for him a couple of months ago, but didn't remember which recipe I'd used. He tends to wait 2 or 3 weeks before he comments on something and after a couple of days I tend to forget
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by bjcotton (I'd made the shrimp ...)
Well Derek and I went to Santa Monica to check out the new Penzy's Spices. We were not disappointed. So for dinner we found a great sushi place and while Derek doesn't like sushi we had several plates of goodies - pork pot stickers, korean fire chicken, tempura shrimp, spring rolls and then came home and topped it off with left over pizza. Yes we are stuffed!!
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by DFen911 (Well Derek and I wen...)
We had shrimp, too! Sounds good Billy! I started to do scampi...similar to yours but in the oven. But I did peel and eat last night, cooking the whole batch. Tonight we had the leftover in Shrimp Sushi Parfaits and Shrimp Rolls! YUMMY!

Oh, I made a batch of Popcorn Bread. A third of the dough was used for rolls for the Shrimp Rolls!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by DFen911 (Well Derek and I wen...)
Not your typical anniversary dinner. Today was our 12 year wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful day -especially for here THIS year. So we spent it in the yard doing projects we wanted to accomplish this year. expanding our asparagus bed, moving our blueberries and boysenberries... and the usual, getting the raspberries ready for the next year.

So, we had take out bake at home pizza. IT was delicious and I am exhausted and going to bed. One more good day befoe the weather turns again.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by esgunn (Not your typical ann...)
Congrats, Erin. Now please send some of those boysenberries this way!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lunch or Supper on Sunday by labradors (Congrats, Erin. Now...)
Happy Anniversary Erin. I hope you get to celebrate properly another time.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!