What's for dinner Monday?
  Re: (...)
I'm trying another new recipe from the latest Cuisine for Two tonight. Tagliatelle primavera with goat cheese sauce and seared seafood. I had scallops and shrimp left from last week to use for this. Not going to make the herbed garlic bread, although it does look good! We'll have a simple lettuce salad, too.

What is everyone else up to?
  Re: What's for dinner Monday? by HomeCulinarian (I'm trying another n...)
Now that I am feeling better Holly has swollen glands and a sore throat and is on anti-biotics...go figure!

I WAS going to do Dauphinoise potatoes, a chicken dish of some kind and southern style biscuits and brownies for dessert...oh well I am off on Tuesday.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Jeanette, you are such an inspiration. I am trying to survive the last week before Spring Break....hot dogs with homemade chili and french fries. To be honest, another glass of wine would have worked...FOUR MORE DAYS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I am also making something from the new Cusine for Two.

Chcien breasts with mushroom-artichoke ragout. I don't have leaks though - so will probably just use shallots - I know it will be missing without the leaks, but got to make do. I am not making the buttermilk mashed potatoes instead I am serving over wilted spinach with roasted asparagus.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday? by esgunn (I am also making som...)
Erin, I had the Chicken with Artichoke Ragout on my list and then bumped it as I was trying to use up stuff I already had on hand. Anxious to know how it turns out.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday? by HomeCulinarian (Erin, I had the Chic...)
We had frito pie with homemade chili and chopped 1015 onions and Vermont white chedder cheese!! It will be 36 degrees tonight-very cold for us in April!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday? by Old Bay (We had frito pie wit...)
Bill...that was our HIGH temperature today! Still have a couple of inches of unmelted snow if anyone wants any...will sell it cheap and pay shipping!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday? by HomeCulinarian (Erin, I had the Chic...)
It was very good. Will definately make again. The original recipe was in Issue 56 April 2006.

I will try it the way the recipe was written, with leeks and fresh tarragon, but I thought my substitutions worked out great, they tasted like they belonged: Shallots and dried thyme.

We did not make the mashed potatoes, served it with wilted spinach and roasted asparagus and it was delicious. Didn't miss anything at all. I did over cook the chicken a little bit - my fault, but watch your times. I could have just eaten the vegies and the Artichoke mushroom ragout! It would be good with a little more sauce and tossed with pasta as a vegitarian dish.
Erin
The time is flying by.
HC, How was the Tagliatelle primavera? It sure looks tasty in the book.

Does anyone know a good substitution for goat cheese in these kind of dishes? Where it makes up a good portion of a creamy sauce? I usually just skip the recipe, but they look so good -same as that chicken with mustard sauce posted not to long ago. Steve and I just don't care for goat cheese.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday? by esgunn (HC, How was the Tag...)
I made the primavera last year and really liked it though now I can't find my review. I never can find anything through the search function.

Tonight I'm trying out the Ancho Adobo Steak w/Whiskey Glaze from Weeknight Grilling. It calls for apricot preserves but I'm using orange marmalade because that's all I've got.