Molten chocolate cakes-review
  Re: (...)
Did anybody try these from the 12/04/08 e-mail recipe. Wow they are fabulous. I made them for Easter dinner and it was a huge it. Only down side was that I couldn't find frozen black cherries for the sauce so I used canned, which I drained.

I made them ahead of time and chilled them. I put them straight into the oven from the fridge and next time I think I'll let them come to room temp before baking, but I would recommend this one. If I can do it anyone can do it and it has a great WOW factor.

Sally
  Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by lxxf (Did anybody try thes...)
Nice review and thanx for reminding me about this delicious dessert. The original recipe is in Issue 19. I've made them several times and agree they are great for entertaining because you need to make them ahead and chill them before baking. One young man dinner guest said that the cherry sauce reminded him of cough syrup... guess he has some bad memories of lots of cough syrup as a child. We liked it, but thought maybe a raspberry sauce would also go with them as well.
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by HomeCulinarian (Nice review and than...)
I'll have to try this one, I have a recipe from an old chef friend (Kelly Johnson) that I've always used. It would be fun to try another one for a change. Issue 19, off to look.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by cjs (I'll have to try thi...)
Thanks for the great review, Sally. I'm curious about this. So, is the center all liquidy?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by Mare749 (Thanks for the great...)
YUM! I tried a recipe last year. They were good, but still looking. I think I'll give these a try this week. Thanks for the heads up!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by Mare749 (Thanks for the great...)
Yes. Maryann, it's amazing you cut into it with a spoon or fork - I served spoons and all this yummy gooey chocolate comes out.

I also forgot to mention I cut down on the sugar in the cherry sauce. It really doesn't even need any sauce - just whipped cream would be fine.

Sally
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by HomeCulinarian (Nice review and than...)
Quote:

We liked it, but thought maybe a raspberry sauce would also go with them as well.

Sounds great! As far as the sauce goes, I would think raspberry, too. More specifically, I would think a white-chocolate/raspberry sauce.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sally I did these too a while back and they were wonderful. I also had to use canned cherries. But boy were they sure good!
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Good call on the raspberry-white chocolate sauce...what a combo that is. I have been adding it to the plating sauces with a raspberry chocolate torte at work. Anyone ever filled a molten chocolate cake with caramel? Been thinking about that idea for a while now...kind of like a Caramello bar in warm cake mode.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Molten chocolate cakes-review by firechef (Good call on the ras...)
Sally do you have that recipe handy? I found the one from Feb 2000 magazine and want to see if they are the same.