Disposable Ovenware
  Re: (...)
Has anyone tried the glad plastic(ish) ovenware that can go in freezer/oven/microwave? It is disposable but can supposedly be used more than once.

Has anyone found a better/different product? I was curious about the lasagna pans that a frozen brand I sometimes buy uses. It is a nice small size and deeper than the foil pans.

I thought maybe those of you who have done PC'ing had some tips on this.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Disposable Ovenware by esgunn (Has anyone tried the...)
I have some that I bought for using in our RV so I could just toss them but I haven't tried them yet. I'm also curious how well they work.
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by Trixxee (I have some that I b...)
Have not tried them but have thought about them if I ever go back to nights in the kitchen so Holly and Kambree can have "real" food for dinner on work nights...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by firechef (Have not tried them ...)
I had bought a couple of those. When I did the road trip west with Chelsea I had prepared mac and cheese and lasagna in them and froze them with instructions for reheating for the family. They seemed to hold up to the process and have been washed and put away for future use.
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by iBcookin (I had bought a coupl...)
I looked for these in the store a couple of weeks ago, but the local store didn't have any. I had a casserole to take to someone and wanted it to look a little nicer than in an aluminum pan. Not that the store was sold out, they just weren't there.
  Re: Disposable Ovenware by esgunn (Has anyone tried the...)
I have used these for years and have a dozen of them. As long as you use them according to direction: on a cookie sheet, don't use the lid, no more than 350 degrees, etc. they are great.

I often make a double batch of a lasagna, manicotti or other casserole and freeze the second for later use. Which I have done that with the Molto Manicotti and bechamel. It turns out just great. I do add the sauce, but forgo the final cooking. I don't put the cherry tomato vinagrette. I make that fresh later.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by luvnit (I have used these fo...)
I was surprised that someone mentioned not adding the sauce to the Molto Manicotti, Laura - I'm glad to see you do and it works. Can't figure out why it wouldn't.

I've not seen this bakeware, but sounds like it would be great for personal cheffing. and family use.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by HomeCulinarian (I looked for these i...)
Thanks for your thoughts! I have had a hard time finding them too - but did check online before posting this to make sure they still made them. The Glad site said target, walmart and major retailers carried them. I checked at Target yesterday and they didn't - didn't even have the foil pans. I checked at cash and carry/smart and final and they did not have anything like it. I just wanted to get some opinions before I started looking all over town for them - Guess I'll start looking.

You can also buy a case of them on Amazon.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by luvnit (I have used these fo...)
Thanks for posting about the manicotti Laura. I was pretty sure it would work. My chicken lasagna freezes fine. And I thought if you didn't put the sauce on, the noodles might dry out.

Will definatly double or freeze half next time.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Disposable Ovenware by esgunn (Thanks for your thou...)
If you have a Smart and Final near you, they have all kinds of foil containers with lids. that what I used for my PC business.
Shannon