Triple Ginger Cookies
  Re: (...)
I said I was disappointed with the taste of the cookies when I made them. I forgot to say that the next day I tasted them again and they were definitely gingery. Must have had the ginger smell permeating my smeller the day before. House sure smelled good though.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by bjcotton (I said I was disappo...)
jeez Billy, had to go search for the cookies you were talking about -that was a month ago!! I like ginger cookies
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by cjs (jeez Billy, had to g...)
I bought some more crystalized ginger at the New Seasons Market yesterday so I can make them again. Paul really liked them...me too
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by bjcotton (I bought some more c...)
You should share this recipe. I love ginger cookies. I always buy a few containers of the triple ginger snaps at Trader Joes when I am lucky enough to be near one.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by chef_Tab (You should share thi...)
Theresa, here's Billy's previous posting about the cookies -
"Whenever any of you have discovered you were out of "something" I've always chortled and teased you about it. Well, today I was going to make Triple Ginger Cookies and discovered that I only had 1/2 tsp of ground ginger and it dated from 1988. I was horrified, I never keep any spice more than a year at the outside. I rushed down to the store to get some fresh stuff and tossed that old (read ancient) odorless stuff in the trash. Somebody MUST have come in and stole my fresh ground ginger

* Exported from MasterCook *

Triple the Ginger Cookies

Recipe By :Laria Tabul - Allrecipes
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Cakes-Pies-Cookies-Tarts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt; stir into the molasses mixture using a wooden spoon. Mix in the fresh and crystallized gingers. Cover, and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Shape dough into 1 inch balls, and place about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks."

Billy's note: I made the batter for the cookies yesterday and baked them off today. I was kind of disappointed. The ginger flavor was there, but not extra gingery, and they said to bake them at 350°F for 10 minutes...they weren't done in the middle, so I baked them an extra 3 minutes and they still weren't quite done. I was looking for a "knock-your-socks-off" ginger flavor. Oh well, they're still good.

------

and here's one that we love -
Ginger-Toffee Cookies*****

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter -- (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar -- (packed)
1 large egg
3 tablespoons dark robust-flavored molasses (do not use blackstrap)
1/2 cup toffee bits
1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
1 cup turbinado sugar (raw sugar)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 2 large (16x14-inch) baking sheets.

Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute.

Add egg and molasses; beat until well blended (do not over beat). Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until blended. Mix in toffee and crystallized ginger. Chill dough 1 hour.

Place turbinado sugar in shallow bowl. Using hands, shape dough into 24 balls, each about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. (mine were 1.25 oz. each)

Roll each dough ball in turbinado sugar, coating completely. Place 12 balls on each prepared sheet, spacing evenly apart. Bake cookies 8 minutes. Reverse cookie sheets and continue baking until cracked on top but still soft to touch, about 8 minutes longer.

Cool cookies on sheets 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)

Recipe created exclusively for Cooking.com by Sarah Taverner.

These soft, spicy and assertive cookies are loaded with toffee bits and crystallized ginger. Rolling them in turbinado sugar gives them a crunchy outside

Source: Cooking.com
Makes 24
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by cjs (Theresa, here's Bill...)
Here's the recipe I use for triple ginger cookies:

Triple ginger Cookies
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by Lorraine (Here's the recipe I ...)
Thanks Jean and Lorraine. Let's just blame my senility on the pnuemonia for now.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Triple Ginger Cookies by chef_Tab (Thanks Jean and Lorr...)
From what I gathered from the recipes and the pictures, these look more like a soft, "gingerbread" type of recipe. Is that correct?

Although I really like ginger, and really like molasses, there's something about gingerbread that just doesn't really excite me. I don't dislike it - it's just "meh."

On the other hand, good, crispy ginger SNAPS, to me, are causes of paroxysms of culinary delight!

So, do any of you have a "triple the ginger" (or otherwise reliable) recipe for ginger snaps, especially using fresh ginger instead of dried, powdered, or crystallised?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?