What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16?
  Re: (...)
Forgot I had to let the rub on the lamb ribs marinate overnight, so the ribs will be tonight's dinner - along with grilled corn and more grilled pineapple.

What are you up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by cjs (Forgot I had to let ...)
This is teenage daughter dinner night... she asked for the balsamic glazed pork tenderloins with the grilled vegetable salad on creamy orzo from issue 22. It is one of our CAH absolute favorites! Made the balsamic reduction last night (like to do that ahead so the house doesn't smell of balsamic), and discovered I'll need to stop for some rosemary on the way home from work. Bonus is that we are going to have a 65 degree and sunny day so I'll be happy to be grilling!
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by HomeCulinarian (This is teenage daug...)
I think I'm going to make linguine with white clam sauce. With lots and lots of garlic.
  Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by cjs (Forgot I had to let ...)
I am trying my country style pork spareribs in the crockpot. I hope it works out. Normally I make them in the oven. I layered sliced potatoes on the bottom, but am making rice just in case that doesn't work.

It is a gym night and hubby is out of town.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by esgunn (I am trying my count...)
Tonight I think I'll do meatloaf. Then I get to have good sandwiches
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by DFen911 (Tonight I think I'll...)
Remember the "Sweet Chilli Sauce"? Well, I mixed some of that with a little bit of soy sauce and a few drops of an habanero hot sauce and used the mixture when sautéing a pork chop. Wow, was that a great combination! I'll be using that again!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by labradors (Remember the "[url=h...)
Mac and cheese with han in it. For the cheese3, we used Manchego and Gran Queso. It's sure smelling good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by Lorraine (Mac and cheese with ...)
MMMmmm, that sure sounds good, Lorraine. Love mac and cheese!

Tonight was Denise's mystery box meal. What fun. For anyone who hasn't done it yet, try to find the time to do it. I kept it pretty simple and it turned out great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by Lorraine (Mac and cheese with ...)
Quote:

Mac and cheese with han in it. For the cheese3, we used Manchego and Gran Queso. It's sure smelling good.

Oh my!

Wish I could afford to get that much Manchego at one time. Maybe I'll have to try making a single serving of that.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's Cooking Thursday - 4/16? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We did the mystery dinner tonight - I'll post whatever pics come out tomorrow:

Martinis with cucumber spears & chili lime salt (with wasabi sesame seeds).

Roasted potatoes with Truffle cheese

Jerk pork on lemon grass skewers & grilled papaya.

We were going to have rhubarb creme brulee but it just didn't make it tonight. Anyhow we're stuffed and it was all great.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!