Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21?
  Re: (...)
What ideas do you all have for today??

I found a pkg. of the pork filling and walnut cream sauce in the freezer, so will fill a couple of poblanos and see if it works to freeze this stuff. fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by cjs (What ideas do you al...)
I'm going to make the Mushroom ragu on polenta tonight. Planned it for yesterday then changed my mind because I had some broccoli that needed to be used. So last night I made a simple dinner of sauteed chicken breasts with some of our marinara on ziti and broccoli.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to make th...)
I've been craving pork, so he thawed a package that was marked "pork ends". Turned out to be duck legs, so we'll make rillettes. Supper may have to be leftove Sunday Gravy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by Lorraine (I've been craving po...)
In a cookbook called "Magic in the Kitchen", which I cannot remember when or where I got, I found a Rick Bayless recipe for Shrimp in Garlic Mojo Ajo. It looks very good and that's what's on the menu for tonite.
I was just about to make quinoa last nite (it was soaking) when I decided corn on the cob, so I'm going to add the quinoa to some couscous for tonite's side and salsa and avacado for the veggie. Not sure what we'll be drinking, just sure that we will
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by farnfam (In a cookbook called...)
jeez, you guys everything sounds so good!

pork ends......duck legs - well, the spellings are so similar, I can see how that happened...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by cjs (jeez, you guys every...)
On my lonesome here---Peter is visiting his Mom in Florida, not a very good scenario there but expected.....anyway, for me and only me I had butterflied shrimp with sweet and sour sauce with a "chopped" green salad...........hit the spot for today.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by Roxanne 21 (On my lonesome here-...)
Well, I had some BBQ's babybacks in the freezer leftover from another meal, so they are warming in the oven. We have two ears of corn left, and a nice bunch of asparagus, so we'll use those two. Very easy meal tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by Mare749 (Well, I had some BBQ...)
This is the first time in quite a while that all of your dinners sound tempting. Good to have my appetite back. I am making the oven fried chicken for dinner with some roasted sweet potatoes and brocolli.

Roxanne, you sure eat much better than I do when you are lonely
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - Apr. 21? by chef_Tab (This is the first ti...)
Just wanted to add, the Mojo ajo was excellent on the shrimp. YUM
Cis
Empress for Life