Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'?
  Re: (...)
My birthday dinner!!! Well, not yet, but that's what we're having tonight. It's a quick and easy one, so hope some others will try it as well.

Started the morning with making oatmeal raisin cookies. It's cold here, so thought they sounded good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by Mare749 (My birthday dinner!!...)
I've got a red top of ham stock in the fridge, so it's split pea soup tonight. Just cut all the veggies for it. We have leftover cornbread from last night to go with it, and two avocados that need to be eate3. Dessert will be the biscotti and cookies I made Monday. Have fun with the birthday dinner, Maryann.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by Lorraine (I've got a red top o...)
I've got the two (that we have so far...PJ???) of the May b'day dinner menus in my stack to do this week, but tonight we're having an old one from issue #50 - I have ham pkgs. in the freezer, so must use up.

Fried Noodles with Ham, Scallions and cabbage and a fruit platter with pear & port reduction.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by cjs (I've got the two (th...)
An old recipe from Cooking Light - Thai Chicken Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Slaw.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by Trixxee (An old recipe from C...)
Quote:

Fried Noodles with Ham, Scallions and cabbage

I heard about a similar dish for the first time a few weeks ago. I actually found and booked a recipe last night in an ancient Gourmet magazine. Can't wait to try it!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Jambalaya with cornbread and a salad.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by HomeCulinarian (Jambalaya with cornb...)
Clueless, keep the ideas coming. Got zukes that need to be used.
Cold here too, maybe I'll make that chocolate biscotti I've been wanting since Xmas
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by farnfam (Clueless, keep the i...)
I haven't made biscotti for ages....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by farnfam (Clueless, keep the i...)
Okay---I was watching a cooking show "French Cooking at Home" and was inspired to make a creamy blue cheese pasta. Not for the faint hearted!!!! BUT what an AWESOME tasty dish!!!! Just put some cream in a saucepan and bring to the simmer, then add a bit of blue cheese (to your taste) and toss into your favorite pasta!! YUMMMM!!!

I used Papardelle but any pasta would be great!!

A side green salad??? What's not to love

This is one of those easy weeknight meals--for sure!!!

BTW---I gave up on losing those couple of extra pounds!!! Guess it's the old age thang Maintaining for the moment---I'll see tomorrow when the scale goes off the chart!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner - 4/22--what's cookin'? by Roxanne 21 (Okay---I was watchin...)
man, what's not to love, Roxanne? I've also decided as long as I can walk my 15 min. on the treadmill 4-5 days a week and I'm otherwise healthy, I will not worry about weight - For God's sake, I'm a Great-grandma, we're supposed to be buxom aren't we????????
www.achefsjourney.com