Tex-Mex Roasted Lamb Ribs
  Re: (...)
I forgot to mention this dish we had a few days ago - it's just absolutely delicious. I don't remember every working with this lamb cut before, but they are just long skinny lamb ribs. The meat is so rich, but oh so yummy! I didn't make the grits - wanted to try the bulgar salad madmax was going on about (which is delicious too).

Tex-Mex Roasted Lamb Ribs with Cheese Grits Gourmet | March 2007

Pork and beef are the usual suspects when it comes to ribs, but the rich, bold flavor of lamb is a perfect match for this tangy Tex-Mex marmalade glaze. Grits cooked with a generous amount of Cheddar and Parmigiano-Reggiano round out the meal.
Yield: Makes 4 servings Active Time: 30 min Total Time: 1 day

For ribs:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons pure chile powder (preferably ancho)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 to 3 1/4 pounds Denver ribs (lamb breast spareribs; 2 racks)
1/2 cup orange marmalade (not bitter)
1/2 cup red-wine vinegar

For grits:
2 cups cold water
3/4 cup white grits
1 teaspoon salt
2 ounces coarsely shredded sharp white Cheddar (2/3 cup)
1 ounce finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/2 cup)

Marinate and cook ribs:
Stir together oil, garlic, chile powder, cumin, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, and 2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl. Pat lamb dry and rub all over with spice mixture. Transfer lamb to a large sealable plastic bag and seal bag, pressing out excess air. Marinate lamb, chilled, at least 8 hours.

Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour.
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
Transfer lamb to a 17- by 12-inch heavy shallow baking pan and cover pan tightly with foil, then bake 1 1/4 hours.

Meanwhile, stir together marmalade, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a 1-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.

Discard foil from lamb and carefully pour off and discard fat from pan. Brush lamb with some of marmalade glaze and roast, basting every 10 minutes (use all of glaze) and turning racks over every 20 minutes, until browned and tender, about 1 hour. Cut racks into individual ribs.
(I did this last part on the grill)

Make grits during last 20 minutes of glazing ribs:
Whisk together water, grits, and salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until very thick, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Serve grits with ribs.

Cooks' note:
Ribs can be marinated up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tex-Mex Roasted Lamb Ribs by cjs (I forgot to mention ...)
For the second time today, you had me at lamb and grits. Thanks, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.