The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos)
  Re: (...)
God, I'm yakking a lot this a.m. - but wanted to tell you all who like the pork filled poblano recipe with the creamy walnut sauce that all the components freeze very well!!

The filling I'm not surprised about, but the sauce, after I stirred it up was good as new and it had been in the freezer for about 2 months. I didn't freeze the peppers just got more yesteray to try. Good news.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos) by cjs (God, I'm yakking a l...)
Good news for us as well! Gosh, I love that food saver.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos) by Mare749 (Good news for us as ...)
Jean, I've made the stuffed poblanos twice since you posted this (once added rice to the filling) and there was never a need to freeze either the filling or the sauce! *snarf!*
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos) by foodfiend (Jean, I've made the ...)
I'm with Vicci, there wasn't any left to freeze. Lordy that's good stuff. Ha ha y'all! Jean gave me that recipe long before you all ever saw it and we've enjoyed it many times.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos) by cjs (God, I'm yakking a l...)
Good Info Jean! Thanks. I have yet to try this, but I think we would really like it. It is on my "list".
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos) by esgunn (Good Info Jean! Tha...)
Paul doesn't care for the poblanos, so I've made it with green, red, and yellow bells. Make it for myself with poblanos when he's gone and share with the neighbors.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Walnut Cream Sauce (filled Poblanos) by bjcotton (Paul doesn't care fo...)
thanks anon for looking at this!! Anyone growing poblanos and need some ideas for using? This recipe is wonderful!!

Guess it would help if I posted the recipe again...

PORK-STUFFED POBLANOS

8 large poblano chile peppers
1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 small apple, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup diced almonds, toasted
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Walnut Cream Sauce
Garnish: cinnamon sticks

Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered. (or it's easier if you have a gas stove and just char them on a burner!)

Place chile peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Gently split chile peppers open lengthwise, keeping stems intact; remove and discard seeds. Set aside.

Cook pork in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Add chopped onion and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomato and next 4 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt

Stir together tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat 5 minutes.

Spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture into each pepper, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour tomato sauce mixture over peppers.

Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with Walnut Cream Sauce. Garnish, if desired, and serve over Cinnamon Rice Pilaf.
Yield: Makes 8 servings

Walnut Cream Sauce

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.

Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups

Serving Ideas : ----------
Muscato is the perfect wine for this dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com