What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

I'm going thru C@H books/magazines - tonight is from Cuisine for two book. Marinated chix w/roasted potatoes. A no brainer recipe, but the method of tossing the chicken with goodies after cooking intriques me. (Whoa, just had a deja vu moment - I've typed this before and Michael Keaton was being interviewed.....doo doo doo doo, Rod Serling moment)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
I have deja vu moments too and have always been really curious about that phenomenon. And, I used to love to watch the Twilight Zone...

Anyway, to the question. I have an awards banquet to attend tonight. It's that season again and I have only two to attend this year, cut backs and all. Tonight and next Thursday for the students to receive their honors. It is always a lovely event and many of the students have their parents in attendance. Lots of $$ being given for awards and lots of parents busting their buttons. Makes all the work worth the effort.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by HomeCulinarian (I have deja vu momen...)
I'm playing golf this afternoon and picking up Chinese on the way home.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by Old Bay (I'm playing golf thi...)
I am making the french onion salisbury steak recipe and garlic mashed potatoes from Costco. It'd be too much work for a homework night otherwise.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by Trixxee (I am making the fren...)
I made the Tuscan Minestrone soup from the Splendid Soups issue, page 17. I added the Avocado-tomato Melts on page 29.....only because I had an avocado that was just perfect to use!!

What a GREaT soup---wonderful ingredients and it gave me a chance to spend a little more time cooking---worth it!! I think Peter will like this sooooo----gonna make it for him when he returns (sometime when soup seems appropriate). Now that the cooler months are arriving--good choice for a not-so-heavy soup but really healthy!!! YUMMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by Roxanne 21 (I made the Tuscan Mi...)
I made that soup a while back and you're right Roxanne - it was great!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by Trixxee (I made that soup a w...)
Some kind of stir fry thing using up the veges in the fridge. I am leaning towards using the sauce from the chicken lo mein. I have broccoli, spinach, mushrooms and onions. Vegetarian type meal. Cleaning things out to prepare for the next week of company.

What I really want to make is the Greek chicken thing that Bill had for his b'day dinner. May have to work that into next weeks menu.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by chef_Tab (Some kind of stir fr...)
Those yummy cabbage roll up thingys, some call them galumpy or pig in blanket. Some kind of side dish to go along, but I'm not sure what it will be just yet.
......Oh and I made some granita out of the frozen berries I had. And to drink, I think Raspberry Vodka in Raspberry Ginger Ale
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by farnfam (Those yummy cabbage ...)
"Raspberry Vodka in Raspberry Ginger Ale" - well now, doesn't that sound good!!!!

I haven't made the Tuscan soup yet, but I have dogeared the page - that's a start anyway...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Thursday 4/23?? by cjs ("Raspberry Vodka in ...)
Quote:

"Raspberry Vodka in Raspberry Ginger Ale" - well now, doesn't that sound good!!!!

That is SOOOOOO not fair!! I heard that Canada Dry came out with a cranberry flavored ginger ale, and I cannot find it anywhere!! Ginger ale and vodka is pretty tasty, crnaberry ginger ale should be awesome!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.