Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance...
  Re: (...)
I hope that you were not directly affected by the wild fire that went through your area yesterday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by Mare749 (I hope that you were...)
Wow, is she that close to Myrtle Beach??? Had no idea. Hope we hear from her soon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by cjs (Wow, is she that clo...)
Not exactly sure, Jean, but the wild fire covered 31 square miles and 2500 people had to be evacuated. When Daphne was suppose to meet me for lunch last summer in MB, I don't think it was going to be a real long ride for her.
Unfortunately, her son had an accident that day and she was unable to make it and we were leaving the next day. I hope we hear from her soon, too.
Maryann

Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by Mare749 (Not exactly sure, Je...)
She is in North Carolina, the fires were in South Carolina. Thought they said the smoke and ash would be blowing up into NC.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by esgunn (She is in North Caro...)
That's true, Erin, but she lives on the border, not far from Myrtle Beach.
Maryann

Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by Mare749 (That's true, Erin, b...)
Hope she is okay!!! Maybe we can be positive and say that she is on a "stay away" for a break??? What do ya think?

Daphne---we worry about our family members when they don't check in periodically---ya know???

I was at Myrtle Beach one time---my ex-BIL was stationed at the Air Force base and we took a drive (about an hour)to the beach. Seems to me as though the beach was quite some distance from North Carolina----could be CRS again, though.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by Roxanne 21 (Hope she is okay!!! ...)
But, she has never stayed away from the forum this long EVER! They must have been affected somehow....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by cjs (But, she has never s...)
But she has had TONS of things a-happenin'-----POSITIVE KARMA coming from the other side of the world....CHIN UP and good wishes, Daphne------WE Missin' Ya!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by Roxanne 21 (But she has had TONS...)
Well as of 8am this morning, their time the fire was 80% contained. There are still lots of road closures and many folks were displaced do to evacuations.

I sure hope we hear they are all ok soon. Makes me ansy waiting to find out.
  Re: Re: Hey Daphne, check in when you get a chance... by DFen911 (Well as of 8am this ...)
Maybe she is at camp planting her garden! I hope!