Le Creuset
  Re: (...)
We went to one of the major up-market shopping malls a few weeks ago and there was a Le Creuset shop---in all of its glory!! I thougt I died and went to heaven----and I salivated over EVERY item. The prices are off the charts but what a beautiful line! I walked out saying that I really have to think about this to justify the price----Peter doesn't help because he says if you want it--buy it!!! (Ain't I just the most spoiled woman!!!) Not a good thing to do but I am very disciplined

I did purchase a Santuko knife---the first one that I have held in my hand that is comfortable----I LOVE IT!!!! It is almost like---"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!!" It is a Sabatier---awesome!!!

Now I am thinking about one of those Dutch ovens---and those cute little ramekins and....and....and!!

One of those Dutch ovens for sure---any suggestions on the best size??? AHHHHHH-------------
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Le Creuset by Roxanne 21 (We went to one of th...)
Oh Rox I want one of those too!! I want the 7 1/4 and the 9 quart. The 7 would probably do fine for us, but knowing I could do a big ol roast and all the trimmings in that 9 quart...oh drool. What colors are you leaning towards? They have new colors too.
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by DFen911 (Oh Rox I want one of...)
I also drool over Le Creuset! DH gets plenty bored, watching me pick them up, caress their smooth surface, oooh and aaaah... (but, in my defense, I warn him what will happen when we wander into a kitchen store!)

But I have this nasty, cheap, fun-destroying conscience that simply won't allow me to actually purchase one. I was set to buy an 6-quart enamelled cast-iron Dutch oven by Lodge for the (compared to LeC) low cost of about $65. Then I found one at Sam's Club for $40. It's not a pretty blue (red), and it's just plain ol' round, but I am accepting it...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by foodfiend (I also drool over Le...)
I love my few Le Creuset pieces. I have the 7 1/4 quart french oven in yellow - got that at the Carlsbad, CA outlet. An oval shaped french oven in an old color - sort of coppperish color. I think that's 5 1/2 quarts or so. I don't think they even make it anymore. I also have a blue pie plate that I use for all sorts of stuff (never made a pie in it!). I think I got that at Whole Foods of all places years ago.

Such great quality.
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by Trixxee (I love my few Le Cre...)
We have the 6&3/4 qt oval Dutch oven--it is perfect for a nice roast or a stew for 6-8. We got it at an outlet for about half price. I sometime cook for a crowd and are debating getting the 9&1/2 qt oval (but not until we find it for half price!). We do think the oval fits our need better.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by Trixxee (I love my few Le Cre...)
"One of those Dutch ovens for sure---any suggestions on the best size???"

Only my opinion here, but unless you are cooking for a crowd, you might be happy with a mid size. I'm anxious to hear what your favorite color is too!

I know shipping charges would probably be enormous, but they do have some specials listed at:
www.surlatable.com

When Cis and I went there a few weeks ago, we were both admiring the Staub cookware too! Check it out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by Old Bay (We have the 6&3/4 qt...)
I think I will "settle" for the almost 7 qt. That seems to be the most practical for our needs. I would really love more opinions though!!

There are some beautiful bright colors but I am more the conservative and will most likely settle for the blue----although the red and the yellow might be a lively addition to my dull black, stainless steel and walnut kitchen, Choices, choices

The kiwi green and the orange and the purple and the..and the...and the... lovely!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by Roxanne 21 (I think I will "sett...)
Oh, I have also secretly coveted one myself! Like so many others have said, I just can't bring myself to pay the price. I'll have to check on one of those outlet stores Bill mentioned.

Bill, was it a LeCreuset outlet, or just a regular outlet store that carried the line?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I have also secr...)
Quote:

Oh, I have also secretly cosseted one myself! Like so many others have said, I just can't bring myself to pay the price. I'll have to check on one of those outlet stores Bill mentioned.

Bill, was it a LeCreuset outlet, or just a regular outlet store that carried the line?

LeCreuset in San Marcos Tx. It was a "2nd", but we can't find the flaw. (Between San Antonio and Austin)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Le Creuset by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Here's a weekend sale on the 7 1/4 pot in red. $229.99 and free shipping.

http://www.jr.com/le-creuset/pe/LCU_L2501_hy_28_hy_67/

Do check amazon from time to time if you aren't near an outlet. I could almost swear they have pretty good sales from time to time.