Swine flu???
  Re: (...)
I just saw a segment on BBC news that there is a break out of this flu in Mexico---SIXTY DEAD????

Be careful my friends!!! No trips to Baja or similar geography in the near future, I hope!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Swine flu??? by Roxanne 21 (I just saw a segment...)
We've had a few cases in south Texas but they have been mild--everyone has recovered--I think the deaths im Mexico came in folks with pre existing conditions, from remote areas, or who were late in seeking medical help. Keeping my fingers crossed--these flu viruses mutate so easily, but thank God usually in predictable progressions--Charles Darwin would have loved working with our flu viruses. There is already a vaccine!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by Old Bay (We've had a few case...)
During the intermission on the hockey game, NBC interrupted with "breaking news" that a few people in Kansas and NYC had also tested positive for it. I just wonder where NBC has been, since FoxNews had already reported the same story eight or nine HOURS ago. Yep, NBC: that's really "breaking" news! LOL!

Relevant to this forum, it is important to note that swine flu is NOT caught by eating pork, so don't start thinking that it's not the time to enjoy some Lechon Asado or Jägerschnitzel.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by labradors (During the intermiss...)
There have also been two cases in So. California too.
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by Trixxee (There have also been...)
None reported up here in the frigid NW. Four days ago it was 82, the high today was 57 and last night 34.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by bjcotton (None reported up her...)
6 cases in Calif now. 4 in San Diego county and 2 in imperial county.

In New York 8 of 9 kids they tested, of the 200 that stayed home with flu like symtoms, do in fact have the swine flu. These kids were all recently in Mexico for a school function. The CDC is requesting the school stay closed on Monday to help reduce the chance of infecting others.

I just heard the news announce the CDC is requesting that airline personal wear gloves at all times.

No deaths yet in US, but then our health care here is much better. My biggest concern is for the elderly.

So remember...wash your hands! Derek and I won't even go to smorgaborgs anymore because you use the same handle to scoop up your food that someone else did. And then you wonder if they coughed in their hand before picking it up?
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by DFen911 (6 cases in Calif now...)
"And then you wonder if they coughed in their hand before picking it up?"

Or worse! yuk.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by chef_Tab ("And then you wonder...)
I was wrong about the vaccine--there is none, but tamiflu works.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by Old Bay (I was wrong about th...)
Quote:

I was wrong about the vaccine--there is none,

Yes and no. You WERE right. There WAS a vaccine, back in 1976 (I remember getting it), but it was a disaster, since the vaccine, itself, killed some people, and some other people developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome from it. I'm sure things will have to get much worse, and they will have to do a lot more research before they try THAT again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Swine flu??? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We just had breaking news tonight - 6 probable cases in Washington - and at least 31 cases they have not tested yet...Who know how long it has really been out there and we have all been exposed to it...Everyone stay safe - whash your hands and cover your cough, and stay away from public places!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.