4/27 - Monday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
We're having plain ole family tacos!! (eat your heart out, madmax!!) I had dinner planned for tomorrow, but after how many years of making tacos and especially since there is just the two of us, I CAN NOT make the right amount of goodies (beef,lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese, onions) for tacos - always leftovers, we're going to have a taco salad! It kills me when it takes so darn many years to get a good ides.

What you you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? by cjs (We're having plain ...)
We did a beer can chicken on Saturday so I've got some leftover chicken. I'm going to make a pan of enchiladas. I think we'll get three meals out of that $3.50 chicken!
Jean, don't know if you do this with your tortillas but it's become a favorite in our house. Have always fried them in the past but now we spray them with Pam and heat them until toasty on a very hot griddle. No fat and they taste delicious and the corn taste really comes through.
Shannon
Heading to a friends Kids High School baseball game. Taking hot dogs, apple slices and Craker Jacks! Oh and probably some Hot Chocolate - it is still pretty cold.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Probably chicken leg quarters on the grill, peas and rolls. Klondikes for dessert It's 80 some odd degrees here, how the &$#@ did that happen in April?? May see another day like today tomorrow, then we'll patiently wait till the 4th of July - it's not uncommon for us to get snowstorms that will dump ten inches of snow in May.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? by pjcooks (Probably chicken leg...)
"we spray them with Pam and heat them until toasty on a very hot griddle." What a great idea - I'll do it tonight! Thanks Shannon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? by cjs ("we spray them with ...)
That is a great idea!
  Re: Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? by Dismc (Jean, don't know if ...)
Quote:

Jean, don't know if you do this with your tortillas but it's become a favorite in our house. Have always fried them in the past but now we spray them with Pam and heat them until toasty on a very hot griddle. No fat and they taste delicious and the corn taste really comes through.

What a super idea! Thanks Dismc!

We had hamburgs on the grill, corn on the cob, and l/o red bliss potato salad. Still have some strawberries etc. from yesterday, so might have dessert later.
  Re: Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Your hint also reminded me to get out my molds for the tortillas for taco salad tomorrow night. I do them like you mention - just spray with Pam and fit into the molds and bake for the bowls. thanks again.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? by cjs (Your hint also remin...)
We've changed our plans--tornados,wind and heavy rain have been here for 3 hrs.
We have flashlites ready!! The worst has past, and Lord knows, Texas needs rain!!!! LEFTOVERS!!!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".